Help Covid guidelines Cali

Food for thought—if you want to avoid contact, do the meet & greet by phone.

I host from 4 hours away from my rental and talk my guests through access & condo basics. It’s a gated community so the gate alerts to my telephone when they arrive.

2 Likes

Thank you Annet,
That’s wonderful if it works for you!
I firmly believe that a real greeting, guide up here from 1 mile away, etc, is the best for our situation. Partly because of its uniqueness. We have had close to zero problems with guests being disrespectful of the space, and close to 200 couples. I think with so much irreplaceable stuff that’s pretty nice! I hope we all get through this season of torment and unsurety with our lights blazing and wellness (mind spirit body) maintained!

3 Likes

Helsi, I scanned and emailed the Welsh Gov advice page to Airbnb and both the bookings in October, needing to cancel, did so without penalty to me or to them. My Face book page gets regular updates. At the moment I can only accept guests from Wales so I have closed. I am reluctant to police guests!!

2 Likes

Fair enough; @Courgette3 for me it’s been fairly simple I had two sets of guests who both provided me with confirmation of their short term contract to work here and that was it.

Thanks JohnF! I’ve been rocking’ out to these oldies. Ah, those were the times!

1 Like

Hey Cali! My husband and I found a solution that I believe will help all of us! We recently were introduced to a technology originally developed by NASA. It is proven to reduce over 99.9999%
of surface micro-organisms and dramatically reduce airborne contaminants and allergens in the air. This technology is a small but extremely powerful unit that works in a home up to 3000 square feet and has been tested in independent FDA certified lab and proven to reduce and eliminate viruses, bacteria, mold and fungi on surfaces and in the air including SARS Covid 2 which causes Covid 19. We have been using it in our home which is also our AirBNB. It gives us comfort knowing we are protected no matter who enters our home. We even have decal on our front door letting guests know they are safe!

Interesting first post. Oh do tell us the name of the unit.

4 Likes

So which is it, reduce, or eliminate? That’s an important distinction.

COVID isn’t a micro-organism. It isn’t a living organism, like bacteria.

2 Likes

[ name of product redacted by admin]
We became brand partners with the company and if you’re interested we can provide the science to back up the claims as well.

Surprise! Sorry but no, you can’t use this site to sell your stuff unless you’d like to pay the owner of the site @tom2.

4 Likes

I just love it (not) how you sellers of stuff come onto discussion forums making it sound like you’re just another host who’s happened upon a great product, and wants to share the knowledge out of a sense of community, then it turns out you’re just hustling. And you know what? Those posts are always so transparent- they’re all worded the same way and most hosts can pick up on the falseness right away.

9 Likes

Like soap??? :rofl:

6 Likes

What’s your experience as a virologist which enables you to claim knowledge of the science which would enable you to make this statement. @Carm

4 Likes

Amazing that COVID still exists then really, isn’t it?

4 Likes