Heading out. Love ya!

I’ve mentioned in a couple of replies that I’m leaving the host side of Airbnb, but I thought I’d do up an appreciation post, a last post?, because you’re all wonderful.
You really are.
The solid advice you give, the witty responses, the patience, the kindness, the concern, the wisdom. I have duvets because of you people. (I already had a kettle. Enameled tin.)
I’ve had a good 10-year run. I like hosting. I liked nearly 100% of my guests. I’m cool with cleaning, even embraced the hygiene theatre of the pandemic. I had fun creating a relaxing space in the woods, a treehouse that seemed to have been scrubbed and restocked by magic. (“It was like a fairytale!”) Guests could be real hikers or just those who wanted to play at it in a space where nothing bad or even uncomfortable was likely to happen.
I will miss that, and I will miss you.
And I might come crawling back. We just turned the loft of our old barn into a fun guest space for visiting family. If my work schedule changes in the coming years, I might relist the treehouse, and I might list the barn.
I’ll pop in now and then to see what’s new, what’s funny, what’s weird. If a question arises about hosting without amenities, I’ll jump right on it. :slight_smile:
Thanks for being here! I don’t know what I would have done without you.

37 Likes

Enjoy the next chapter!

2 Likes

Best wishes on your new adventure!!!

3 Likes

Best wishes. Please keep in touch.

2 Likes

Best of luck for the future and please come back to talk to us soon.

:+1:

3 Likes

Have always enjoyed your posts, Lawre. Enjoy your hosting-free next chapter

2 Likes

Best of luck to you!!!

1 Like

But did you make soup in it? Seriously, I’m sad to see you go but happy for your next chapters.

Hosting without amenities… lol.

Best of luck and share the journey with us, please!

1 Like

The guests got the enameled tin – a tea kettle. They never laid eyes on either my canning kettle or my cast iron soup kettle. No, ma’am.
There’s a piece of advice: Never let guests see your good kettles. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This site is like the Hotel California. 5 stars but you can never leave as the host is currently unavailable for checkout.

4 Likes

What a generous - and funny (we love funny)- goodbye! 10 years, while loving close to 100% of your guests!!! Now, THAT’s GREAT hosting!

Thanks for your posts, and do “pop in” - hate to lose the perspective and experience…

3 Likes

Good luck in whatever you do. It was so nice to have someone go into great detail about feeling good about things. With all the misery and negativity out there, your post was a bright spot in my day. Thank you.

1 Like