Having surgery... okay to leave guest alone?

Last month I found out that I have to have surgery that will keep me in the hospital for 3-4 days (I scheduled it for later this month because I’m a teacher and wanted to start the year with my class)… at the time, I already had a guest booked to stay with me for two months, so I didn’t want to cancel her stay but I did block off my other Airbnb room. So, the scheduled guest is already here, she’s great and I totally trust her in my house, but is it weird to leave someone alone in a shared space? I’m wondering if I need to ask a family member to stay for those few days, or if I should just give her their number in case she needs anything or if any issues come up. What would everyone else do?

I would just give her a family members number as you suggest, and maybe if possible, have the family member come over prior to your surgery to meet her so she feels comfortable.
Hope you have a good recovery.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s odd to leave her alone, in fact I’d see it as a bonus to have the place to myself a few days.

3 Likes

Hi @MsJTherrien,

Sorry to hear about the surgery. Hope it goes well.

1 Like

Only if she is weird, and whines that you left her alone and didn’t leave someone there to keep her company. There are so many crazy stories on this forum, I just can’t dismiss anything…lol.

6 Likes

I have left guests before - with no problems.

Sending you great wishes for a great outcome and quick recovery!

1 Like

This is all good, I expected people to tell me it was a bad idea, ha… of course this makes me realize that for the first time in almost 2 years as an Airbnb host, I’ll be leaving the house for more than one night… I need to plan a vacation. :grin: