Have guests staying in every evening :(

I’m sure they are. But getting one set up at a moment’s notice doesn’t seem feasible, especially on a weekend. The guest would have to go to the emergency room of the hospital.

Where in Spain? That is odd behaviour, unless they are really in the country or soemthing. Other thought maybe they dont have a ton of money, especially if they are young. Disnt realize UK is more expensive than Spain or something.

Hi @azreala

They work in Marbella, (in hospitality) (but live in a village outside) and lived here for two years so know the area well and prices well, they also have friends here.

That, then, is the reason they’re in most nights. they’ve lived in the area for two years.,.

1 Like

For me that would be all the more reason to go out as I knew the area and where there would be places I wanted to visit, but everyone is different :slight_smile:

It would be a reason for me to stay in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not if you lived in Bristol @Zandra - at the moment we have an amazing Jazz festival on, there is a great fringe theatre with attached restaurant/bar 15 minutes walk away and we are foodie /music city with loads of free music on every night, as well as comedy, night walks and theatre - something for everyone.

I’m sure once you discovered Bristol you would love being out in the evening :slight_smile:

lol no. As it happens I know enough of Bristol to know it’s pleasant enough. I’m a home body and anything involving people is a no thanks. Maybe because I’m a Londoner but my idea of fun does not involve being in a crowd. These days I love long walks but that’s not something I’d be doing after sunset…

3 Likes

Sometimes London streets get so crowded that ducking down a station and riding a Tube train was like a nice break from the masses! Providing that the trains weren’t also jammed!

1 Like

Crowds? Bristol? we must know a different city. :slight_smile: In the summer at weekends it gets a little busy down by the harbourside or in the main shopping centre. Now no crowds to be seen practically anywhere and I live 1.5 miles outside so it’s like being in a village, hardly a soul to be seen in the evening.

Can I add a vent here? It’s Saturday night, the weather is nice, it’s a beautiful city and I have two young guests here who were in their pyjamas at 8.30pm. Why? Just WHY?? They have only been travelling for 3 days and only here for two nights. They’ve flown half way across the world for a week-long trip with ridiculous jumbo-size suitcases and they’re too tired to go out at the age of 22? Obviously, it’s their choice and it’s no problem but what the hell happened to young people?? Honestly, I’ve seen this happen so many times. It’s pathetic.

2 Likes

My guests just can’t win. If they spend all their time in the apartment, I worry that they are not enjoying everything the local area has to offer. If they’re out and about all the time, I’m concerned that they don’t like the apartment.

And both of these things happen a lot - there’s rarely a balance. Well, not one that makes sense to me!

Anyway, that’s the youth of today for you. No stamina. I have guests here right now who are staying because of a music festival. They get back by about 11 pm. (What happened to the all-nighters of my younger days?) Then they spend all day inside the rental - and we have a lovely outdoor area and fabulous weather - but no, they hole up inside until it’s time for the first act at about 4 pm.

There’s no accounting for guests. :slight_smile:

Maybe I opened my mouth too soon about having stay at home guests. I have a lovely chatty young couple staying, who came back this evening a little the worse for wear after being out all day and evening.

I alway check the front door if I am not the last one in to make sure it’s locked properly; I went to check only to find it wide open. I’m on the ground floor, so anyone walking through the main door could see it was wide open :confused:

Well, I just a rent a basic room so it still surprises me when guests choose to spend their saturday night in rather than out on the town. In bed at 9pm? WTF? I feel like I have to tiptoe around. I shouldn’t complain, I know! Most of my drunken badly behaved dirty stop-out guests have all been my age, yikes.

I know what you mean. At my advanced age I’m often in bed by 10 pm but 9? It makes me wonder about the whole generation!

old lady voice :: kids today! ::

2 Likes

I blame twitter :frowning:

lol

1 Like

I agree that its the young ones that stay in - either they are just so happy to be in such a swanky
house instead of a hostel, and want to take advantage of it -or as others say, this gereation have less drive to explore 'real life" experiences - whats important is that some subtle way you mention this on your review.
I had a young Dutch couple that were in from 8:30 onwards, taking long showers, hanging around my kitchen, etc. so in the review I wrote
’very nice couple, spent a lot of time at home"
A fellow airbnb host will get that as a code for “NEVER WENT OUT” and know better if they want to host them.

1 Like

I know you are just venting but maybe they have jet lag. Also going out is expensive :neutral_face: I’m a morning person so am in bed by 9-10 and have done so for all my 20s lol

1 Like

There is no jet lag from Holland to Italy.

1 Like