Has the 'Strict' policy changed?

@faheem Good business is a symbiosis as you know; the island has been a good lead item for them, and they get to hold some serious money for 1`-2 years ahead. In turn, they gave me some exceptional exposure and I raised my prices significantly as a direct result. No wonder we have a mutual admiration relationship thus far.

@chicagohost. I already was booking direct and setup with PayPal etc.before AirBnB really arrived at the scene. I still do 15% direct bookings. BTW, it was SuperStrict I was on, I called them. I will not accept another booking until it is changed to ‘Super Dooper Strict’.

2 Likes

So when did you originally receive the invite for Super Strict? I have never known anyone to have it. And did someone call to invite you? Is it just for castles and islands? Anyone else here have super strict too?

1 Like

From the outset I have had it. When I saw the 7 days the other day, it immediately caught my eye. In fact, just two weeks ago, a guest had to move his dates, and even mentioned the 30-day policy, meaning he was now dependent on my good will; I moved him, from the end of this month to June 2017.

It is probably there for the type of bookings that do require a lot of advance logistics, like going to a foreign country, for starters.

Joke: I told a friend about this, who is NOT the ‘sharpest knife in the drawer’, far from it, and he suggested: ‘Why not double the price, and it doesn’t matter whether they show up or not’. :grinning:

2 Likes

I once had a paddling date with a guy on a kayak. We decided to paddle six miles. I left him in the dust because the outrigger is so much faster. I kept having to stop to wait up for him. Upon return he dead panned, “next time you get the kayak.” :smile:

1 Like

Hahaha. I already KNOW I will have to cheat (hidden motor) to even remotely stay up with you.

Well the kayak is DEADLY slow compared to any canoe. Which is why I hate them with a passion.

Yesterday I passed by the island and didn’t see the kayaks nor any sign of my guests, so I climbed the new lookout tower (yes got it done, will post pictures) and notice them way north by another set of islands. They looked like two tiny specs on the horizon. I would love to add one of your type of boats, what fun that would be.

1 Like

Yup, outrigger canoes are da bomb. :smiley: But there is a bit of a learning curve. The one man’s are super expensive because they are all pretty much custom built. Mine was $3900 new.