Has anyone used the Coral app? If so, what are the +'s or pitfalls?

I saw a note about Coral from 2015 but haven’t seen any replies. It looks pretty cool but I am concerned about having house entry information out there in an app for anyone to see.

I use it and I think it’s terrific. As far as I’m aware, there’s no way that anyone can see the app unless they are given a direct link. I don’t have entry information listed there though - the only ‘private’ information available is the address and the wifi password.

Hi, Coral is a web based app, just like Touch Stay (which I am a founder of).

All web based apps are accessible to anyone who has the link. Think of them like a regular website address. For example, here’s a link to a Touch Stay example: qr.touchstay.com

However… there is a second option. Subtly different. Coral (like Touch Stay) gives you the option to set an expiry date on the link. For that you enter the guest email and the dates of stay. It then sends a link which expires at the check out date.

Both options are public links that could be accessed by anyone who has the link (i.e. your guest could forward to others in their group). The advantage of the 2nd option is that it expires at check out. The 1st option doesn’t.

Hope that was useful. Even though I’m a Coral competitor the solutions work in the same way.

1 Like

They have added expiration dates to the links that you send… problem solved!

I’ve used it for a few months and our guests love it!