Has anyone noticed this

I put in my listing ‘mention you read this and receive $5 off per night’!

Only one person has mentioned it, and they had already booked and were on their way. Low season so rock-bottom price. I gave it to them anyway - it made me laugh.

I also tried “click on the cute little red ‘more’ button below”. Not effective.

5 Likes

Haha…they had already booked but went for it anyway! Is it buried at the end, middle, etc.?

I totally want to try that.

Hi @dcmooney,

It’s certainly a good education for children. I suspect there would be fewer wars if people learned the astonishing fact that people in other places and other cultures are people just like them, not aliens or monsters or demons. C.f. Islamophobia.

That’s certainly super-friendly, but is it necessary/expected? I’d be a bit peeved if a guest expected me to drop everything at a moment’s notice to chat with them.

Feeling burned out? It must be a lot of work to keep up with the guests.

Did you mean 10/16, perhaps?

Regards, Faheem

Wow. That’s way funny. One person out of how many?

We have only been on Air for about 4 weeks and I’ve already discovered about guests NOT READING THE F****** MANUAL!

So anyway, my daughter phoned yesterday to confirm when she and the family are visiting this Summer. This is what I wrote to her:

Dear Sian

We are delighted that you and your family are interested in staying at** Malaga garden apartment with pool** in July. Please remember to read carefully our Cancellation Policy and our House Rules.

To help you in confirming your booking, here are some Frequently Asked Questions that guests have asked and our responses.

• Do the house have a pool?

• Yes, this is why we call it Lovely Garden Apartment with Pool.

• Is there a garden?

• Please see above.

• How many bedrooms are there?

• I can confirm that the description of a “one bedroomed apartment” does indicate that there is indeed one bedroom.

• Can I rent the house for four people?

• Only if they are very, very small.

• Is the pool overlooked and is it private for us

• I’m sorry, but nude sunbathing is not allowed.

And she replied “Sounds perfect. We’re booking for xx-xx July. p.s. Is there a pool?”!!

4 Likes

I agree. As a host i am on IB since day 1, and most of my bookings are without prior inquiry.
As a guest i mostly booked through non IB, but few times through it in emergency cases.

Lol, thats that tells you how people do not read anything.

1 Like

Ha ha, oh, it’s 10/15/16. ; )

No, I don’t think it’s expected. I had to wrestle a bit with myself but that’s something I’ve learned with airbnb, to be more open to the situation that’s happening, not the one I had planned out. I would never have asked the man what caste he was from, assuming it would be rude, but my son just blurted it out (we had just studied India in our history class a few weeks prior). It ended up being a great discussion.

But the amount of interaction varies greatly. And if I had wanted to stay on track with our history schedule I would have told the guest that we had to get back to work.

About keeping it up - no, I’m not feeling burned out. I schedule breaks between guests where I can - once all but 1-3 nights of the week are booked I block-off what’s left. But since my daughter will be a senior in high school, etc., I want to keep my options open. As of right now I would think we would continue.

Oh, no she didn’t!!!

How frustrating!!

For us it’s always “how close are you to metro”. “Ummm, 2 miles, as it says in multiple places in the listing”.

I think you’ll get used to it - I have. Not that I enjoy it but I just realize that’s just the way it is. My theory is that people still do want a personal connection. They want to ‘hear’ your voice and know that you care about them.

That’s my theory!

Oh yes, the weird American habit of putting the month first .I’m out of practice, sorry. :slight_smile:

Ah. Ok, that’s good.

Good to know. :slightly_smiling:

I had several groups of 5 young people in a row. They were fine but a bit tiring. Then I had a few nights off, then 2 guys from Germany who were completely lovely, and left us a nice bottle of wine. Refreshing!

Did the student book?!?!

Hi @dcmooney,

No, he hasn’t.

:disappointed_relieved:

Snort!!! Like this past weekend, the couple asked if my front door key would let them into the golf community pool. HUH? Really? Do you really think my house key would also work several blocks away at the pool, to which we don’t belong? I gently told them that we don’t belong to that association.

1 Like

I should perhaps point out that this was my daughter, who has been here many, many times … and who shares my sense of humour!