Has *anyone* had a retaliation review removed?

Me too. I still have not got back my super host.

It may have…I had an unhappy review in January. Then we had closures. It took 2 months after reopening for it to move to second page of reviews. My neighbors booked June & July bookings faster/earlier than I did.

1 Like

I wish Airbnb at least applied some algorithm to weight reviews that are not consistent with the rest of the reviews given that a property has a sufficient sample size of reviews. If a guest/host wants to blow off steam by giving a lowball review at least they shouldn’t be treated the same as the majority of the community trying to write helpful reviews. I had a host do it to me last year and even though I have never received less than a 5 star review for my own property, I run the risk of losing bookings due to their posting showing up in my profile.

5 Likes

I just wanted to put this here, if there are potential renters who don’t like the way I respond to reviews, they can find someplace else to stay, that’s 100% fine with me. I state facts and if there is “snark” read by some people, they might just be cut from the same kind of cloth as the renters I was responding to, I have no trouble renting my home during my high seasons, and I am again, always being honest and factual.

I too have no trouble. I don’t reply to reviews, I don’t stress about star ratings and if I lost superhost status I wouldn’t care.

I’m wondering why getting these reviews removed means so much to you?

What is worth understanding is that a review response isn’t for the purpose of responding to the guests who wrote the review- those guests will likely never even see your response because it appears on your review page, not theirs. And even if they do read it, they won’t care what you write if they are the type of guests who would leave an uncalled-for type of review in the first place.

Things you have to say about the guests go in the review you write for them, not in the response to their review.

The only reason to leave a response to a lying or misleading review is to correct falsehoods, or confusing statements, for the benefit of future guests, or if the guest had a legitimate issue, like said the mattress was uncomfortable, when you knew that mattress really should be replaced soon anyway, indicating that you’re sorry that they were uncomfortable and that the mattress has now been replaced, so future guests will be aware of that.

1 Like