Has anybody used the report a bad airbnb neighbor or recieved a complaint

Whats the definition of Kafkaesque? Lost me there.

What a great reasoned post @curtpete.

It is a shame that some hosts don’t manage their properties more responsibly in terms of who they let it out to and have CCTV/personal check in’s and house rules around noise and anti-social behaviour.

Airbnb has already set up a scheme where neighbours can report noisy/anti-social Airbnb’s that can result in a listing being deleted so you could definitely circulate details of this and promote them in your local media, so that residents know there is someone they can turn to at Airbnb if there is a problem.

Certainly there are tourism and other seasonal workers who need affordable accommodation, but it is the impact on day to day workers such as nurses, hospital workers, waiters, bar workers, teachers, cleaners, shop workers that support a local economy which are key when it comes to the impact on affordable housing.

As I have already mentioned this is a much wider problem then the STR market, but it certainly has it’s part to play especially in areas like Paris which have thousands and thousands of illegal Airbnbs.

It’s become shorthand for bureaucratic nightmare in the same way that Orwellian is often used to describe government surveillance.

"The first year I got my tourist home permit, it took 2 months to receive. The fire department’s inspection held it up. Last year it took 2 months, and I didn’t receive it until mid-January because the fire marshal took so long to approve it.
This year I submitted my application in June, and it took 6 months to return, with the fire marshal once again being the holdup.

No fire marshal has ever inspected my residence"

1 Like