Has a guest ever complained about your exterior cameras?

Christine, I don’t know whether we’re required to disclose camera locations, but I think it’s only wise. If I show the camera locations and then a guest complains that there’s a camera at the front door, I at least have some chance that Airbnb will back me up. If I don’t show the location, who knows.

That said, no guest has ever complained about our outdoor cameras.

1 Like

don’t know about you guys, but I always show them to not here “wait, were the cameras here? why haven’t you told us??!!”

1 Like

I disclose ours as “external monitoring of the entrance/exit points of the property”

More specifically, we require hosts to disclose all security cameras and other recording devices in their listings, and we prohibit any security cameras and other recording devices that are in or that observe the interior of certain private spaces (such as bedrooms and bathrooms), regardless of whether they’ve been

To continue the quote (which is from Airbnb’s help pages):

disclosed. Intentionally concealed recording devices (such as hidden security cameras) are never permitted.

It goes on to say:

If you’re a host and you have any type of security camera and/or other recording device in or around a listing, even if it’s not turned on or hooked up, we require that you indicate its presence in the Things to know section under Health & safety . We also require you to disclose how guests will be monitored and if an active recording is taking place. If a host discloses the device after booking, Airbnb will allow the guest to cancel the reservation and receive a refund. Host cancellation penalties may apply.

When I edit my listing, I see the section called “Guest Safety,” but I don’t find anything called “Health & safety.” Am I missing something?

I just copied it from Airbnb :wink:

This page.

I found “Health & safety.” It duplicates info entered in other sections, such as “Guest safety."

1 Like

I went to a ski lodge recently and they had placed a ring doorbell on the wall in the office waiting area. They used that as a cheap security camera right at low eye level…

Technically probably. I lost mine as outdoors. They are. I do not indicate how many or where outdoors.

I like that wording. A camera could cover a very large area which includes the entrance/exit points.

1 Like