Guests not returning home all night

What should I do if guests dont return home all night after checking in

Why do you need to do anything?

2 Likes

Well obviously, I want to go out and I dont know when they will come back and they have the keys to my home

Most hosts give guests keys to the listing.

Yes I know that, I am a host myself obviously. What I am saying is I told the guests i walk the dog at 7.30 and they must lock door and post keys back through letterbox if i dont return before they leave. I wont go out now as i dont know where they are , whats happened or even when they will return

I am also up now and will not be sneaking around if they do come back and attempt to go to bed. I will have my radio on etc and continue with my daily routine. I was wondering if this is acceptable.

I give my guests their own keys, not my keys. That way the guests can come and go as they please without disrupting my schedule.

2 Likes

Have you given them your only set of keys?
Otherwise I’m not sure I understand what the problem is. Why can’t you go out if they’re out? What are you afraid is going to happen?

Well basically, I dont have a spare key to the bedroom and they have that locked. They may have lost keys. I have my own keys to everywhere else so thats ok. They are checking out at 11 so I am going back to my own bedroom now and resting

Oh dear. What happens if these guests lose their key while they’re out? You’d be in a even more difficult situation.

Any reason your guests don’t have their own key ?

2 Likes

I don’t understand why that means you can’t walk the dog?
I wouldn’t be worrying about it until check out, then if there’s still no sign of them I’d contact Airbnb, call a locksmith and charge it to the guests

2 Likes

They had there own keys.Tthey actually came back for stuff and posted keys as asked. That was a first for me. Now I know how to deal with it for future. Thanks for all help.

You specifically mentioned they had a key that you didn’t have a spare of … I’d rectify that because if they lose that key you’re in a difficult situation.

2 Likes

I’d consider getting a remote key entry, and making several bedroom keys. It is so easy to find yourself with a confused or forgetful guest and them getting locked out.
Best of luck and let us know how you solved it.

Not your business! You’re not their mother.

2 Likes

I’m not:thinking: oh right thanks for putting me straight on that. I often forget to count my children. Good job your around to remind me.

I will def do that ASAP

Maybe I shouldn’t let them in at all they could be Muslims!!!

Obviously, when two young girls visit my country and don’t come home all night I worry, Strange as it may seem. They may well be enjoying themselves and having a great time. Or, they could be in trouble. When I invite young people into my home in a strange country, I accept some responsibility for it. It’s not just DOLLLARS!!! . I was just tired and worried thats all and thought this forum was a place to have a chat with people who may have experienced a situation the same and had some advice. I didnt expect smart arse answers with likes. We can all give smart answers, its not difficult. It’s wether we can be bothered stretching our fingers to type them. Perhaps if you have kids you may understand. I am the best at smart arse if you want to challenge me, but I wouldn’t bother. Just save your fingers for counting your dosh!!!

1 Like

In others’ defense, you didn’t say the guests were two young girls in a foreign country and that you were worried. The way you stated things just made it sound like you had given them your only keys and were judging them for staying out.

2 Likes