Guests not reading house rules. How do we deal with this!

Maybe we should start a new thread and everyone can post their own experience with guests not reading. This is my most recent:

Ah. That makes slightly more sense. I really couldn’t piece it together but I don’t know who Lilly is which probably means I’m missing a big part of the joke.

This was supposed to represent “house rules.” Yes, I can have a warped sense of humor.

Ho-lee-cow. Is this guest a native English speaker? In this case they seem to know what on (sic) suite is but not “directly accessible.” What’s the simplest way to say this? Bathroom door opens into the bedroom? Your listings are two separate ones so I’d guess if someone wants to rent both they certainly don’t want to have to read two listings. LOL>

Tell them that the WiFi password is contained in the house rules and insert it inconspicuously towards the end (Put “see above” as the WiFi password in the basics otherwise it shows up noticeably at the end so they’ll skip to that part)

That comes across as a little too cute to me. I don’t know if you mean verbally tell them but if you mean write to them then why would they read that if they aren’t reading anything else? If I were a guest and I messaged you and said “hey what’s the wifi password?” and you wrote back “it’s hidden in the rules and you have to read all the rules to find it,” I’d be annoyed not amused. And that would be reflected in my review. I know it’s vexing to answer the same questions that are answered in your guest guide or description or rules but to the guest it’s the first time they’ve asked.

1 Like

I agree with this being juvenile and insulting. You think I’m in 5th grade? Also, Air requires you to put your wifi code in the house directions sections.

1 Like

They always read the first message I send them before they arrive. I’d say it there before they have even asked. I can’t put the password in there because airbnb won’t allow it. I tell them that too. Also I wouldn’t say “hidden”

I can understand it could be very frustrating for you.

Lol. I get questions like those all the time. Even if you didn’tlist the pier, they have the cross sections of where your home is located therefore, they can easily do a search on maps. My 14 year old son who helps me with my Airbnb’s says he never realized how “Stupid” adults are.

Just today, I found empty disposable cups in my kitchen sink. While I would expect adults to have common sense in knowing the kitchen sink is not the trash bin, I am suprised every time.

I have a notebook in the room with some of the rules printed out along with restaurant recommendations, etc. I think this helps. I generally DO NOT read my reviews because I found that the reviews were upsetting me and making me more OCD. There are always guests that complain about everything. I am a host, not a psychiatrist for these people!

1 Like