Guests negotiating rental rates

Do not do it they will always feel it should have been less and dung you on value.

I’ve had a few discount-seekers who want me to wave the AirBnB fees and taxes. For example, in April, my weekday nightly rate was $80 a night, and the guest said something along the lines of, “$100 a night is really more than I can afford.” She wanted me to drop my price so that it was $80 a night after taxes and fees. I told her to call AirBnB and ask them to wave the fees as I had no control over them. She tried to book anyways but was having a “credit card issue” and I never heard back from her.

1 Like

I was surprised when we first listed our vacation home that people inquired and asked for discounts. I had not anticipated that but am learning to expect all sorts of request. This first couple of people that asked for discounts I simply explained that we could not do what they were asking and never heard from them. This one I asked the question about was the first I felt was being inappropriate - and like someone else mentioned - trying to bully a new host.

This is definitely a learning process!

Amy

I’m an ad copywriter. This reminds me of the time clients thought they should get a discount on the writing because the ad was going to run in black and white rather than color. :laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

I guess it costs more to write in color than black-and-white! :joy::sweat_smile:

2 Likes