Guests instructed by Airbnb to leave?

Yes air would have phone # access because they are 2 separate bookings for 2 individual rooms.

I don’t believe Air would anonymously call guests and try to get them to leave. Just can’t believe it. Even if they wanted to shut down the listing, they would contact the host, not the guests.

I can believe that the host’s ex- had and still has access to the listing and is doing this to mes with the host.

I can believe it could be some sort of complicated scam.

2 Likes

Me too. There could be many reasons why someone might want to get the listing closed down.

It doesn’t ring true to me. If you’ve been hosting for four years, and have 100 reviews, Airbnb treats you much better than that. They would never just say we’re deleting your account - goodbye and then just hang up. Their calls are all monitored, and staff even if they’re ineffective in addressing a dispute are courteous. Could the guests prove they had been receiving phone calls? Were they just trying to find a way to get out of their accommodation? Is this anti-Airbnb site just getting people to write bulls**t stories? I’m in Australia and the only time a story comes out about Airbnb it is negative. I was contacted by a journalist who was looking to interview hosts. I agreed. Then I realised that every question was phrased in such a way that you had no doubt it was going to be a piece about the evils of Airbnb. 'What’s my worst story? What was the worst guest I’d ever had? Did I feel safe having strangers around? I kept saying, ‘look it’s really good, it has its ups and downs but 99% of the guests are pretty decent people and let’s not lose sight of the fact that I’m making money.’ So, the journalist gave up.
Airbnb isn’t perfect. Uber isn’t perfect. Nothing in this world is, but I choose to host and that’s the end of the story.

2 Likes

Naaah, I don’t believe this story. There is way more to it than the host is saying, or, much less.

1 Like

Precisely. Note that the tone and level of mentality of the whole story and the moronic suggestion that Airbnb tells him ‘we are deleting your account - goodbye’ and hangs up on him, is about the same ignorant level. Its a made up story, the reasons who the heck knows. Its hard to guess lunatics.

This story may be bogus or not, but just to remind you that Airbnb deleting accounts for no reason is actually a thing. There have been a few well documented cases, such as @KellyKampen.

For no reason? You mean just for kicks? Why? They get tired of making money every once in a while? :rolling_eyes:

That’s just the thing. Air NEVER explains why, and many of the hosts themselves have no idea (they weren’t breaking any rules)

It doesn’t make logical sense that they frivolously just cancel an account for no reason. You know why, because is not to their economical advantage (!!). Now the manner they handle such terminations is a separate matter, and IF, IF, they do not explain their reasoning when they do cancel an account, then yes that would be a very unfair policy. But how exactly do WE know for a fact they never did explain themselves?

I know for a fact because it has been reported to happen many times. Did you read about @KellyKampen? His is not an isolated case - I’ve read other similar stories

I read the story, the facts remain another matter. It raises as many questions as the premises it tries to establish. It’s is a tricky complex subject, and tomorrow is another day. Nite.

The thing is hypertoko that Kelly Kampen had opportunity to update his post and say why his account had been cancelled, but he chose not to do so. That tells me something. He was indignant until he probably found out exactly why it was cancelled. You will probably find there has been some kind of breach (intentional or not), misuse of Airbnb IP, claiming something that is incorrect on multiple occasions or (and I’m not saying this is the case) inappropriate behaviour towards a guest. You can imagine that if Air got some kind of serious complaint from a guest and didn’t act, it would be negligent.

1 Like

I have been thinking the same thing. The fact that there is absolutely nothing posted since his big reveal says to me that there is likely way more to this story and he ain’t sharin’ any of it.

1 Like

There have been a few of these here: some outrageous story establishing a hard-to-believe premise, people run to the podium to offer support and express outrage and trash ‘evil’ Airbnb much too quickly. Then when some start to ask deeper questions the story starts changing; usually that is when the original poster tends to disappear. Drop a bomb in a crowded room and see what happens sort of thing.

1 Like

I’m really surprised that any one on this forum would believe the story at all. From the beginning of the story to the end, it shows that the person who wrote the story was out to discredit Airbnb. It was a cooked up story by the enemies of Airbnb, ranging from hotels to landlords or someone who has personal vendetta against Airbnb (former host or guest) and knows where to post it to attract wide attention, a site hostile to Airbnb from day one.

Don’t believe the hype. Nothing in the story ever happened. Plain and simple.

It’s easy to discredit the OP due to lack of follow up, but the over arching issue is AirBnBs unwillingness to provide details. I was a host for 5 years. Over 700 positive reviews and 4.97 rating. All of a sudden. Gone. No explanation from AirBnB. Was traumatic to our livelihood and to receive no explanation was troubling.

Welcome to the forum @mr_blonde2007, this thread is four years old some of the contributors are no longer active. I am closing the thread for housekeeping