Guests bringing their own linens (not towels, just bed)

Thank you! That’s pretty much what I had finally settled on! I tend to get fully booked 2-4 months out so will take your ‘scheduling advice’ and proceed accordingly. Really appreciate it, and the empathy as well.

2 Likes

I had total knee replacements done on both my knees at the same time. This was 9 years ago. I did extremely well with the right knee and the left is good (just not as good as the right knee) but I can tell you this—based on my experience, and the experience of others I know who have had the surgery, forget ever being able to crawl again. I can get on my knees for about 10 seconds total before the pain reaches screaming level. There is no way I’d ever be able to make a loft bed that I had to make on my knees.

Of course, you may be different from me and everyone else I know who’s had the surgery. And perhaps things have changed in the last 9 years that make it more possible to kneel. But I suspect your surgeon has never had a knee replacement and was just being tactful or perhaps optimistic (or clueless) about what would be possible post surgery.

Send them a message and ask them if they have any issue with making the bed themselves and Just provide the linens.

Any normal guest will not have a problem with that. And if a guest has a problem with it, just cancel them due to extenuated circumstances, you do not want those guests anyways.

2 Likes