Guest with no reviews in 4 yrs

It is always possible that guests with no reviews have used AirBnB but encountered hosts who did not leave them a review. I’ve found a good percentage of them don’t, even if you leave them a review. I’ve had 31 AirBnB stays, but only 23 reviews from hosts. Some hosts, for whatever reason, just don’t bother.

The reviews I do have are 5*. I sometimes wonder if the ones who didn’t review me didn’t feel I was a good guest? I am always quiet (usually traveling alone), and usually don’t meet the host as I don’t often choose shared accommodations. Even in the ones that have been shared accommodation—a room in someone’s home—I still often didn’t meet the host. I’m quiet, always observed the the house rules, and always leave things as clean (or cleaner) than I found them with the exception of bed and bath linens I used, I depart on time, etc., so I wouldn’t think there was any reason not to give me a good review as a guest. But almost one third of my hosts just haven’t bothered.

1 Like

Sounds like it. I’ve never had one of those problems, ever.

In your case, I think hosts who have good guests (great in your case) choose not to leave a good review for the same reason most people don’t compliment good service in a restaurant; it’s only when something is wrong that they will take the time to say or write something.

I’ve had an account for many years, and host constantly. I’ve not had a lot of time to travel, and when I have, my best friend and travel companion did the booking for both of us on her account.
I’ve not had issues with any guests who have long standing accounts and no reviews. They all have situations similar to mine, and have all turned out to be excellent guests and interesting people.

2 Likes

just ask them - before accepting them to stay
mostly they have used it a few times as few other host mentioned hosts left no review
ask them to give you the rooms/number so you can check where they have stayed
if they have used other platforms ask them to send links so you can check they were good hosts