Guest who has 13 super reviews isn't clean at all

So sorry that happened. I hate walking in on that stuff. I did learn my lesson the hard way. Now, 1 set (1 large towel, 1 white washcloth and 1 black) per booked guest. A basket of mess towels right off the living area in the laundry (door left open, towels in basket, note on basket) and more mess towels in the cleaning closet.

Got rid of all the carpet as soon as I was able. I have only 1 living room rug that seems to hide a multitude of sins. I wanted to put throw rugs in the bedrooms but decided against it…just something else to hold bugs, dirt, Lord knows what else and to clean.

I feel like this eases my guest’s stress also because spills do happen.

1 Like

With oak floors and a cool northern climate, mornings need that throw rug to prevent cold feet.

2 Likes

Totally understandable & necessary, @NordlingHouse. I’m not “going there” until I have to (ie a guest gives me the business about it).

In the beginning, I did “everything” (that I could w/i my budget), and there is so much more I want to do.

But, now I ask myself first, “Self, will this increase your bookings, rates or stars?” And until the answer is “yes”, the improvement is “no”. :sweat_smile:

I’m very sorry to hear about the mishap. I hope you were able to save the carpet and some towels or get compensated by the resolution centre. Since the 2 stays (1 month and 2.5 months) of some traumatizing guests during the lockdown in 2020, I have been replying guests’ requests for booking by asking them to confirm that they have read through the details of my listing and that they agree to respect my house rules. As I charge only a small fee which includes the linen fee and 1 hour of housework, I precise in the house rules that if the condition of the accommodation left by the guests requires more than an hour of cleaning, they will be charged 16€/hour of cleaning via the Resolution Centre. But I don’t ask guests who already have more 5-star reviews.