Guest wants to look at house before booking!

I don’t do private deals off site. I have let guests see the place before booking if they are interested in more than a couple of weeks. I have only had the request maybe once a year. I live on site and schedule it for my convenience. I also get a chance to meet them and get their vibe. Haven’t had any issues so far!

1 Like

If a guest wants to view the property and you don’t want to allow that, you can always suggest that they just book for one night first to check it out. Of course this wouldn’t work for a guest who is arriving from far away and wants to secure a place long term before they travel, but it could certainly work for potential guests who are already in the area. And if they ask to preview the place, obviously they are in the area or easily able to travel there without having already secured a rental.

If I were someone looking for a long term rental, I would find it much more informative to spend a night and day at a place than to just be given a quick tour and check out the neighborhood. For all I’d know, there may be a Harley rider next door who revs up his beast at 7 am every weekday to go to work. I wouldn’t know about that if I had a 3pm half hour viewing.