Guest stealing towels, anyone has that problem, too?

Why would you store a dozen rolls in your listing when 1-2 is pretty much all any group of less than 6 is going to use for a couple day stay?

I solved this one by investing in the single ply recycled environmentally friendly eco loo paper. Nobody steals that.

Edit: when I have no guests, my son and I treat ourselves to the 3 ply quilted Sorbent bleached white environment killer stuff. And my Clarins cleanser reappears.

4 Likes

You’re right. Where there’s a will, there’ a way.
I just figure, if it means that much to them…

I put a zip tie on my supply cabinet. It’s been enough of a deterrent that people don’t mess with it, but the couple times someone has run out of something I’ve just told them to cut the zip & to get what they need.

If someone wanted to raid the k-cup and swiffer stash, they could, but they wouldn’t have the excuse of thinking it was all fair use.

1 Like

I have had the same problems, guests were leaving with Several of our best quality towels and it was very frustating, one time I had 5 face cloth of 12 and 4 bath towels were missing. Since the last 5 months, i have put a inventory list of the qty of the towels in the linen closet, we count them before and after each guest. It is inside the kinen closet, on the door, at shoulders height. Since then, Miracle! No towels were missing anymore, not the most elegant way but efficient!

2 Likes

I recently had a similar experience. I keep a picture to remind me if/what I need to replace; I noticed that 3 bar soaps, 2 razors, and a toothbrush had been taken (or used). I thought it odd, but I rationalized that most guests never take/use any of it, so it more than balances out.

Lesson Learned: Don’t sweat the small stuff, but implement precautionary measures (i.e. limiting supplies per guest)

As an aside, HH_AZ, have you used that shampoo/conditioner that you have in your dispenser? I love Avalon products, so I was excited to see those huge bottles at Costco and bought some for myself. WORST shampoo I have ever used in my life. I ended up giving the full bottle away. Whatever they use as the “thickening” agent in that shampoo leaves this weird waxy residue on your hair. It barely even lathers up. Horrible, horrible, horrible. It took more than a week to get all the residue out of my hair after using this stuff for like 3 days.

Yes; I use it; I really like the stuff. I don’t have that “waxy build up”.

I currently have the same shampoo that I got at Costco. I too was happy to see it. But I bought it for the Airbnb room, I use leftovers for the most part in my bathroom. After reading this I decided I need to try it out. I see what you mean about the feel of it being a bit odd at first. Your are right, it doesn’t lather much. But I like the smell and combined with the conditioner, it seems okay. I’m going to try it a few more times and see if I continue to like it.

Regardless it will stay in the Airbnb room until it’s all gone. I too bought the two huge bottles and two small bottles (the large ones don’t fit my built in shelf) so I could refill. I get mostly one night guests and as most are driving many of them have packed their own.

If I’m not happy with a few more uses I’ll take mine back to Costco.

It for sure happened to me and all the time. Not in the house where I live but in separate house I had the whole turn over of towels over 3 years. I think it’s not that they steal them but probably leave them at the beach. But few groups bought their own and left it at the house.

Face towels disappear after every 10th guest. Cost of doing business :slight_smile:

1 Like

Costco towels. Their so called “seconds” are gorgeous! $4cad each, and too darn big to put in a suitcase. YOWZA!

1 Like

Have different colors for each room.

I was thinking about getting the Avalon brand organic shampoo. I used to get it at Trader Joes. But they have changed the formula, you can tell by reading the reviews on amazon.

I think having the “inventory list” looks like a good idea<><>

I wonder if that’s why Costco suddenly had it, maybe they are trying to clear out the stock of the failed formula so they can go back to the loved formula.