Guest reviews of previous hosts now showing on their profile!

I see that it only appears on my own pages about guests. That is, if I look at some random host and check their guests’ profiles I don’t see the reviews they left. So I suppose it’s all good!

God, I feel old and completely out of touch! Interesting to know that Airbnb must have given permission for this. You think they did?

1 Like

And if that site won’t load (Forbes have some restrictions) this might do:

https://kopitiambot.com/2017/07/28/all-airbnb-hosts-should-use-this-chrome-extension-for-screening-guests/

1 Like

Nothing to do with age. Software development is a field in itself. Do you feel old because you’re not a brain surgeon or data scientist?

An API is provided by Airbnb, so there has to be some degree of consent. I posed a question related to this to @smartbnb.io, still waiting for an answer.

And how do you know I’m not? This is just a temporary career break, I’ll have you know.

tee hee

2 Likes

Let’s say neurosergeons need to know some software programming, then you wouldn’t have made that feel-old comment lol.

Perhaps. But I’m old-school. Give me an x-ray and a scalpel, I don’t need anything else!

Possibly why I’m on an extended career break, come to think of it…

2 Likes

So when get back after your extended break, the new interns would never have heard of a scalpel and would look to Asimo instead eh

I worked with him once. Pompous idiot. Didn’t even wash his hands properly.

2 Likes

Really? Did you??

Of course not. I made the nurse wash them. Pfft.

(Ok, enough now!)

2 Likes

Enough of washing??

She did get a bit carried away once, it’s true. But no - really enough now!!

1 Like