Guest Parked IN OUR FRONT YARD

I’ve got this complaint too but my neighbors would not appreciate. I don’t see why parking in the street is so difficult, especially after being mentioned like 5 times.

1 Like

I have idiot proof parking instructions. So I know when they screw it up they did not read anything,

RR

Geez where do you live that a parking ticket is only $5???

6 Likes

Apparently the guests don’t get it. How about that, now?

Even though our city doesn’t ticket, I still put that the “roads and sidewalks are maintained and operated by the City of Littleton and we are not responsible for and tickets or damage incurred to your vehicle during your stay”. Just to cover our butts a little.

On another note, $5 for a parking ticket is nuthin! Haha where I used to live I would take the hit and be thankful I had a place to park :joy:

1 Like

I’ve had guests park in my yard twice (despite having a clearly marked spot with a big sign in front of the house). Some people are just not that observant, I guess.

That regulation " only one on a property would be lots of trouble for me " as I have 3 rooms to rent in my house

1 Like

This story reminds me of the time my sister’s roommate decided to clear away the snow in the front yard by driving his car back and forth across it. My sister came outside the next morning to find icy ruts all over the yard, and springtime revealed muddy ruts in the lawn. They were both renters, but my sister was friends with the owners, who were relying on her to take care of their property. There’s no telling what goes through some people’s minds!

2 Likes

I do too or so I thought! Two reservations ago I had a guest with an early check in pull in my driveway right up to my two car garage. I assumed they pulled in the driveway just to unload and would move their car after dealing with their luggage. Not the case! I heard them showering so immediately sent her a message through Air AND a text message letting her know I had an appointment in a couple of hours so could she please move her car to the guest parking space so I could get out of my garage!

Zero response. They all went to bed to nap, so I had to borrow a car to get to my doctors appointment. (No I did not want to knock on the door and wake them, though I should have.)

Who does that?! Further, she texted me around 4 PM apologizing, saying she was sorry, but then did not move the car until 8:30 PM when they went out for dinner. I had to borrow the car again to go to the grocery store.

As an aside this is not a newbie guest, this is a woman with 28 reviews on airbnb!

She never did end up parking where I told her to park, she instead parked further away blocking my neighbors access gate. Seriously…?

That’s ridiculous.

How did you know they were napping? I would definitely knocked on the door. I don’t have a car I can borrow. And what if there was an emergency.

I hope you included this in the review. If I see this in her review then I know to correct it as soon as she arrives since she can’t otherwise be bothered.

1 Like

Oh dear. But at least you know that you should have woken them up. And hopefully now you realise that messaging a guest on the Air platform and via text tends not to work if the customer just wants to ignore it.

Just me, I know, but I’d have told her personally to mover the car rather than messaged.

Indeed. It was my S.O.'s car, so not a huge deal, but annoying.

That was the reason for early check-in, so they could get a nap in. They had been traveling since 3AM. I rarely allow early check-in, but b/c I had the day off before her stay, I accommodated. If I didn’t have a car to borrow or there was an emergency I definitely would have knocked.

I chalked this up to my fault, I should have said something right when they pulled in the driveway to begin with :woman_facepalming: They were very nice people, just idiots I think? I left her 3 stars on communication.

2 Likes

I didn’t get the chance as they went right to the bathroom then to bed. As I said to @KKC I should have said something immediately when they pulled into the driveway and parked. I have had a few other guests with lots of luggage do that, but they immediately ask if it’s OK to do just for unloading purposes. These folks made no mention of that, so it’s on me…Duh!

I always have to do this unfortunately. (Unless it’s a check in at two in the morning or something, of course). Our complex has strictly one parking space per apartment.

If anyone parks in someone else’s place, all hell is let loose for some reason. I see no problem in that if someone parks in my space, I simply park in their space but apparently that’s just not the way it works here.

So when a guest arrives I stand outside and direct them into their correct parking place.

Of course, I disguise this as a ‘warm, personal welcome’ and a ‘can I help you with your bags’ scenario. :wink:

1 Like

Exactly! Parking is such a challenge for some guests!

1 Like

Now that’s just plain disrespectful :open_mouth:

It’s not the education system, it’s the raw material they have to work with!! You can’t make a silk purse from a pi’s ear!! (old saying!!)

I was a public school teacher at the high school level for 28 years and at the college level 2 years. I didn’t find any decline in the raw material over that period. And I don’t see any decline between my high school years (1971-75) and the years I taught. I do see differences, but not a raw material deficit. One thing that doesn’t change is the propensity of older generations to look down upon younger generations.

3 Likes

We have a long driveway that holds 4 cars in single-file fashion. Most guests are fine rearranging but every once in awhile someone doesn’t want to play musical cars and backs out across our grass even though we ask them not to do so.

We are going to put a rock garden along the driveway this spring to run parallel to the driveway, that should end that problem.

1 Like

even the bbc: 'whinged"? lol