Guest no responding

Still have some newbie questions… we have an upcoming guest not responding to messages via the AirBnB message center or email. She is coming Monday. I informed her last week that we would be sending a request for our additional pet fee. We sent early this week and have not received nor have we heard from her. What should we do?

Have you called her? Have you called Airbnb?

I guess I did not realize that I could call her. I have not called Airbnb at this point but will.

I’d try calling her before you do anything else. Some people tend not to use email very much these days and not all guests look at the app to see messages.

2 Likes

@Josie0811, it’s also possible that your guest doesn’t have Airbnb notifications turned on. @jaquo’s advice about calling her sounds good to me.

If you do that, you might also ask her to ensure that Airbnb notifications are turned on.

And when I talk with a guest about anything that could be important later, I (nicely) summarize it as an Airbnb message to the guest. That way, what we talked about is documented on the Airbnb platform. Sometimes that matters, if things go awry.

3 Likes

It is certainly possible that she did not see the airbnb notification. We have also seen this on occasion. As we want to try to keep communication in Air - we send a quick text to remind them to please look at the airbnb message (encouraging them to respond in that system - just in case we need the communication trail). So far, that has worked out for us.

2 Likes

I would go as far as to say that it is an imperative, in case things go poorly/badly/unexpectedly awry. As Rebecca recommends, any phone calls should be recapped on the message board, as an evidence based audit trail for you to be able to refer to, if or when you need to speak to CS.

Lessons learned from my early days in Health and Social Care management roles, or as Mr Joan prefers to say “when you used to shout at Social Workers”. In the 90s/early noughties in the UK, many felt they had jobs for life (entitled…), were indispensible (entitled), and were “entitled” to not do much work on a day to day basis.

Perhaps just how many of our guests feel these days with so much to choose from.

2 Likes

@Joan, I love “the early noughties.” I don’t think we ever thought of that here in the US.

1 Like

I confess to initially scratching my head when hearing it as a term, but it has sunk in here as a given term now. It might even be in the OCD by now!

Off topic. I do hope you are coming to terms with the loss of your beloved puss-tat. I did feel for you, a lot, given our own recent experiences. It is so very hard.

We’ve had such dreadful storms down here in S-E Kent/UK, that we haven’t let the two rescued beasties out yet, despite their boredom, and longing looks at cat flaps x 2. They would so hate such winds blown up their bottoms!

1 Like