Guest leaves mid visit and cancels payment!

Actually…I posted three times on Twitter. I got a Twitter account just so I can post. When I look for the post, I don’t see it. I don’t really understand the platform and the way it works. I posted on Facebook. I also don’t use Facebook very often and it came up on my feed. No response on Facebook from Airbnb. Airbnb responded from the Twitter post but didn’t do anything except say they have escalated the case. I have called Airbnb every single day for the past two weeks. I have INSISTED that they open up my calendar. They just transfer me to a “support ambassador” who tells me that they are working on it and will alert me when something changes. They tell me it is not possible to open my calendar. I mentioned State Farm on the Twitter post and their representative immediately reached out to me but are not helping with any resolution. I don’t know what else I can do! I am completely standing up for myself but am not getting anywhere. I have called Airbnb at least 25 times to complain and demand resolution!! For what it’s worth, I will post again tomorrow and the next day and the next on social media but it’s getting the same result, which is nothing. I appreciate your input.

Did you post on their Facebook page?

I honestly do not know how to do that. When I posted, it came up on my feed and it doesn’t seem that anyone but my friends saw it.

Air’s FB page is: Airbnb - Home | Facebook. THIS is where you want to post DAIILY. Considering that they have violated their word, I would be posting here every few hours - every day.
They have a different group of people that look for stuff here - and so it has been proven to help escalate matters beyond the standard useless call center types.
Note: whatever you post there WILL get deleted by their admins - BUT that does not matter - it means someone saw it and they will start coordinating with you. REGARDLESS OF THAT - keep posting - OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

2 Likes

Just list your house on booking.com or make a second new listing on Airbnb with the calendar open for a few weeks until the mess is cleared up.

Can you give us an update @Nearthesea

1 Like

Thank you for asking for an update. I have posted to Twitter every day. I get the same response: Someone will contact you. They said they would open my calendar on the 9th. No opening. They next said the 13th. It is still blocked. No matter how many times I call or tweet, nothing changes.
This is the last message that I received:

Hi ,

This is Ralph again from Airbnb. I am very sorry if this issue is taking too long to get resolved. As I checked with the Collections Team on the current status of their case with the third party booker for your reservation with Andrew, we have given the guest and the third party booker until April 13th to settle the payment, otherwise, the reservation will be cancelled and your calendar will be unblocked for a new reservation.

I would have to apologize, but as of now I am not able to provide detailed information yet with regard to your final payout for this reservation since the payment has not been successfully collected yet. I will check the progress of the case from time to time with our Collections.

I will reach out to you as soon as there’s an update with regard to your final payout.

I have an update! Airbnb FINALLY opened my calendar today! It only took 2-1/2 weeks of begging, pleading, and tweeting. They are claiming that they will pay me for all the blocked nights. When I receive it I will let you all know. Thanks for all the encouragement and support!!

7 Likes