Guest leaves Broken blinds not sure how to deal

We do allow same day bookings. So, we can have our next check-in at 3 pm. So, for us 10 am checkout is perfect and has worked well.

As others have said, window blinds ok (along with blackout curtains), door blinds break. Your best bet is to replace it with something unbreakable like a curtain, or to replace the door with one more solid. French doors leading to a deck can really be a problem

My upstairs was a rental since I was about 3 years old and it was Grandma’s house. The glass paned door at the top of the stairs has always had stretched curtains on it, whether ours or a tenant’s. Several have been left behind. The best was a bold Marimekko print.

Top and bottom edges of the curtains are pocketed. We’ve always used very tight springs as rods. I believe they date from the late 40s, because that’s when the apartment was divided off by installing that door, which I believe was once the door to the room that was then the dining room.

I’ve got a half dozen doors of different sizes and types in the attic, all original to the house.

1 Like

There is something designed specifically for that. I can’t remember off-hand what you call it, but I’ve used it a lot. You find it where they sell drapery supply stuff.

It looks like a round electrical cord, it’s white, but there is a spring core. You cut off whatever length you need (shorter than the space so it’s under tension and doesn’t sag), screw little eyes into the ends, and hook them onto the corresponding hooks on the door.

4 Likes