Guest inquiry received, but guest will not respond to any communication?!

My check out time is 11 am. I messaged him at 8 in the morning after I saw he had left for the day, or appeared to leave for the day. But he had no suitcase with him so I was a little concerned. I strongly prefer not to enter the guest’s room while they are checked in. Finally when he didn’t reply I had to enter the room to remove his things and start prepping the room for that night’s guest.

I don’t want most extended stay guests and don’t offer much in the way of an extended stay discount. But this guy could not be more perfect for me. Luckily I didn’t judge based on any of the common misconceptions posted here like “lack of communication is a red flag.” He is staying the better part of two months and he had to schedule around my existing reservations. That was the source of the confusion, he got mixed up on which days were his. After I got in touch with him I printed out my airbnb calendar for the next two months so he could refer to it.

1 Like

Sounds like it ended with great results for both you!

It certainly did! He was a first time Airbnb user so all is forgiven. LOL.

It sure looks that way. I hate to always seem to go to the ‘dark side’ but today is sooo different, people are different, and one cannot be too careful. Especially when we are inviting them to stay in our home or on the property we live on…It usually works out great, just have to think through it.

I’m only 60 but it doesn’t seem so different to me compared to my youth. If anything my town is safer than ever. Nevertheless we all have to host within our comfort zone. My advice is of limited worth because my rental is nothing like yours.

Okay so my guest is still incommunicado and has 10 mins before my official check-in window closes. I’d sure like to run some errands but I have no idea what is going on with this guest. Being in the dark sucks.

I’d certainly call Airbnb and tell them you need to cancel due to your guests not communicating. You should never have to tolerate this kind of inconsiderate behavior. it’s a privilege for them to be staying in your property. Good luck!

Damn the torpedoes! LOL! Yeah… and the moment I do that they will show up.

As I posted earlier - they booked in April. I sent them a message in August after my smoking incident reiterating that I was a non-smoking property in case they had missed that then I sent them one yesterday requesting an ETA. No response to either.