Guest has damaged doona cover, offered to pay, what do I charge?

I am lucky that I am still agile enough to get down and wash the floor with a big sponge, rather than mop. So I see every little bit of stuck on stuff and really get into the corners and swipe along the baseboards as I go along.
I have a cleaner who comes once every two weeks to do the rest of the house, and she mops, but I always do the guest room and guest bathroom myself.

yes, sharpie is fine too, and I put arrows on the doonas in sharpie so we can tell which is the long side, this is essential for superkings. I have a special knack of always putting them in the wrong way…

the top sheets don’t need the thread line but it’s more to differentiate between Q and K as we have some in the same brand/colour but in 2 sizes. Has made a world of difference now.

:laughing: when my mum comes to stay she will help us do turnovers, and we’ve learned not to let her do the bathrooms as she seems to miss a lot. My daughter gets cranky but I am far more understanding as I’m becoming more aware of the limitations of my own eyes as I age.

1 Like

Reminds me of when a friend asked to stay in my guest room for a few days because her place, which she rented out most of the year, but stayed in herself when she came down a couple times a year, already had a booking.

I told her sure, but as I had a guest checking in the day she was moving over to her place, she would have to help me clean, which she readily agreed to, said she’d do the bathroom.

After she left, I found the little strainer in the bathroom sink filled with gunk, including a dead contact lens, bits of broken glass on the floor from a glass she had broken days before, and she hadn’t thought to clean the base of the toilet.