Guest got too friendly

He was wearing a towel, his tiny bath house towel, and it didn’t cover up the stuff it should have–Mr. Happy as Robin Williams called it–and he didn’t seem to mind as he sat eating a bowl of oatmeal. And Mr. Happy was “happy”. I was “at the sink” like the OP person was. I finished up the dishes and retreated and hid out until he’d left for his Anime convention.

And lets just say he wasn’t exactly a stand in for Brad Pitt. I kept my distance the rest of the time he was here, which I think was just 2, maybe 3 days.

2 Likes

And now we know the rest of the story. Ok, it is obvious, or should be, hosts should keep guests out of their kitchen! Kinky behavior tends to happen in them. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ah! So that’s it! Why didn’t I make the connection?

3 Likes

I’ve been hit on by a guest before kinda like this… but he never tried anything physical as he clearly read my signs of disinterest. We got dinner together. And he made a point of hanging out with me his last night and to make sure I was home to give him instructions on the washer and dryer. I liked the attention, but it wasn’t going to go anywhere.

1 Like

Well, that is where the whipped cream and chocolate sauce is kept.

1 Like

I’m glad you handled the situation well. He could be someone who only books female host homes. Before writing a review wait a few days to see if his next Airbnb host is also a female host / share home.

I was alone with a guest who just arrived from airport. Helped carry bags into room and closed door in order to access closet. When I turned back guest had removed jacket and was laying on bed sideways. It was awkward especially because our age was similar and room was small. Probably she was just fatigue but she could have waited a few mins before making herself too comfortable.

Was reading somewhere ago how attractive female hosts get so many more bookings from men and more bookings in general.

Thanks, I will change my profile picture right away!

Hasn’t worked for me! :smiley: JK. :smile:

3 Likes

I am not sure about this theory that attractive female gets more booking than others. How desperate a man should be to look for adventure in your host’s house…
I do get most bookings from single guys, but i am sure its just a coincidence. MY friend though also thinks that because she is so pretty thats why guys book from her. But the fact is that her place is cheap and she has great reviews.But she does gets all male guests, 90% of the time.

Only one out of many guests flirted with me and that was an infamous “shower” guy. He stared, and complimented me non stop. And once told me that he wants to try my cooking. I told him i dont even cook much for my husband. He also invited me for dinner once. It did not last long because i started to be on his case for other things he did wrong and he stopped the flirting.

Once i also had a young very good looking guest who asked me to put sun lotion on his back. He was red head like me from South Africa, and very light skin with freckles, he obviously needed that lotion. I did not mind at all, hehe, but it felt a bit awkward. Later on he texted me asking if that was ok that he asked, because he feels a bit awkward now. OK, we both fell awkward, but i did not feel in danger at all.

I think you did the right thing reporting him.

1 Like

Why Ellen! Never crossed my mind, but you are soo right.

@Vera Attractive females get a pass about a lot of things, it is the way of the world. And more opportunities in business, but they still have to demonstrate real substance in the long run. Oops.

@Chris Are you using that Swiss team photo of the 5 bimbets as the new owners of your place? Dying to know how the bookings start rolling in.

@konacoconutz You are attractive, but you got to add more pictures of you sitting by the pool doing your nails and batting your eyelashes, you know, act a little more bimbish to cash in. Being competent and logical is not going to cut it.

/morning all

1 Like

@konacoconutz @Mearns @Yana

As I wait the guest trying to flirt with my husband check out tomorrow, I better just laugh reading what you guys write here :joy:

Gingers need to look out for each other

4 Likes

I don’t have TV in the living room, but there is a large HD TV in the guest suite. My guest arrived, unpacked, came downstairs and took his shoes and socks off while we spoke. Out of the blue he said, “You should come upstairs and watch TV with me later. We can snuggle.” :grimacing:

It caught me off guard and I just kind of chuckled and tried to make light of it, saying, “Yeah, well that’s not going to happen.” He is 17 years younger than me and, though it gave me pause when he said that, I honestly thought I was being paranoid.

Hehehehe…true…

O my god, he said that?? Snuggle?

3 Likes

You could have said ‘I’m not included in the price, dear’.

:wink:

4 Likes

@jaquo You are so cool, you should have been a bomb expert, for you can diffuse any situation with such panache. :wink:

4 Likes

The next day I worked it into conversation that he was pretty close to my oldest son’s age. That night he asked me out to dinner to eat crab legs. I declined.

The third night, when an expected hurricane did not arrive and we were looking at being housebound together for the labor day weekend, he came to my bedroom/office and knocked on the door. I opened it and he draped himself across the doorway and said, “What are you doing tomorrow?” I told him I had plans and he grilled me- what are they, when will you be finished… I responded a couple times before I finally said, “Why are you asking?” He replied, “Let’s drive down to Universal (Studios) and I’ll get us a hotel room.” I looked at him incredulously and just said, “No. Look, all I am doing is renting a room. I don’t want to go to dinner, I don’t want to go out of town… Now I really have to get back to work, the storm prep has put me behind in closing out my month.”

@jaquo, Love it! I thought about saying something along the lines of "you may not be aware of this, but the “bnb” stands for “bed, NOT booty”…

2 Likes