Guest from hell who didn't even stay here

I did talk to AirBnB AGAIN today because I noticed that yesterday a credit was issued for part of my guest from hell stay - it was just $36 from the 140+ total - but still I wanted to know why they issued her a credit and no one contacted me and that I wasn’t even notified that there was a resolution case pending.

Anyway - the person was very nice although she didn’t have an answer for why the person was credited. She actually said that based on everything - my calling and the notes they have taken, the messages through the AirBnB system where the guest clearly says that she expected to be renting the ENTIRE house (which is why I ONLY communicate with guests through the AirBnB app) and also my Super Host status and all my other reviews, that she said the person really has ZERO case unless she can provide photos documenting her complaints. Since she was only in the house for all of 5 minutes - there is nothing she documented, and there would have been nothing she could take photos of anyway. What I was told today is that it is up to the guest to prove that what she is saying is the case because everything on my end that has been documented (past reviews, messages between us) doesn’t support her claims at all.

I still want to know why AirBnB credited her for part of her stay though that was beyond the 24 hour cancellation policy - even if it was just $36. It is sort of the principal of the whole thing. They should have waited until this is resolved and concluded to make that decision. And also I should have been notified and explained as to how they came up with this decision to give her back some of the money.

One other thing - the person with AirBnB said they can definitely remove the negative review if she can not prove that what she is saying is the case. The customer service rep even put in the notes on my account concerning the review.

I would like to know if AirBnB ended up finding another place for her.

1 Like

Some reps will flatter and tell you anything just to appease you and calm you down. I also heard the same thing about a review and later, they didn’t remove it.

Your guest might have been credited their Air fees? You got a notice that this amount will be deducted from your next payout?

2 Likes

I love every word of your review, and I hope you post it all for that damn entitled twerp!!

1 Like

It was actually a credit off the room rate. I would have gotten about $70+ per night -for the three people because it is two bedrooms which would have come out to $140+ for the two nights. Instead my transaction history shows…

06/29/2017 Reservation Jun 28 - Jul 1, 2017 ######
Kimberly @@@@@@
Peaceful Getaway in the Heart of the Jersey Shore $142.91

06/29/2017 Resolution Adjustment Resolution adjustment for resolution ##### ($36.33)

06/29/2017 Payout Transfer to *****#### $106.58

Those are the three transactions associated with her stay. The person today couldn’t tell me why there was a $36.33 deducted from her payment.

1 Like

Want to see something funny - my last guest I had just reviewed me. They were SUPER nice while they stayed here. This was their review…

Robert and his place are awesome! Exactly as pictured, and the house is even nicer than expected. Robert is super friendly and informative, and his knowledge of all the beaches of the area really helped us plan our trip! We spent time in Seaside and LBI, neither of which are far from the home in Beachwood. We were just a short drive back at the end of the day. I can’t recommend Robert highly enough, we had a really amazing stay!

That is completely different than what Kimberly is telling AirBnB.

4 Likes

Bizarre… totally. I cannot explain!

How can there be a review if someone cancels? I had a guest stay for most of his reservation and then cancel the last few days. He was a great guest, and his plans changed. But he and I were not given a chance to review one another because he cancelled.

That is exactly what I was wondering. They didn’t stay here at all. Did NOT sleep here one single night. The MOST time they spent in the house was 5 minutes as I showed them the bedroom and the bathroom. Now they get to review me and their supposed stay.

That’s very strange.

It’s never happened to me but I’m sure a guest can’t review if they didn’t stay? Sorry you have had these awful people to deal with. Don’t give up on contacting Airbnb, keep demanding that somebody senior deals with it. They should not be allowed to review.

1 Like

If the reservation was not cancelled, even in this crazy circumstance of a partial refund, the guest does in fact get to leave a review, and you should be notified to leave a review also.
I’ve had more than a few no-shows, reservations that I’ve refunded, some that I haven’t, when they could only stay 1/2 the days they booked. But if the guest does not officially cancel the reservation, and you get any kind of payout, they will get a chance to give a review.

What is your cleaning fee?? If the guest didnt stay that will be auto refunded.

As I said - they DID cancel their reservation and did NOT stay - that is why it is ridiculous to allow them to give a review.

**Airbnb Update**
_Kimberly canceled the reservation (HMTQ398TQQ) at Peaceful Getaway in the Heart of the Jersey Shore._

Jersey, unfortunately, I think if they showed up to check in and then left and canceled they can still review! Ask @Zandra, it happened to her!

Then why couldn’t my guest leave a review, when he did stay with me and cancelled a few days of the end of his visit?

I agree with Inna. Respond to his negative review by referring to your review in some way (people will then go look at yours) and respond to anything new he says, with the facts.

don’t worry it happens ive been hosting since 2010 and have had only 3 guests in the time - where that happened - first one was a guest that had similar issue to you so airbnb sent them to me - they gave me my first bad review - second was a very nice guy who booked wrong area for him so airbnb sent him to me - he went on about kitchen cupboards not up to his standard and insides dirty - thankgod I have professional cleaners otherwise he would have given me bad review - last one was last month two german girls who had booked one place and got cancelled last minute by host so airbnb sent them to another they walked out of there came to me did the same after 10 mins in the room they didn’t like the wall finish - its venitian plastering - don’t worry the aim of airbnb to to please most of the people most of the time not all all the time - you had a lucky escape!!

If they cancelled reservation,you don’t need to give them review.They can’t leave you review either since the cancelation.No worries!

This isn’t true if they checked in and then canceled and left! They CAN indeed review! If they set foot in your place, even for a short time, they can review.

2 Likes

@konacoconutz is absolutely right. There are instances where they haven’t been able to leave a review but also instances like mine where they were.