Guest couldn't show up for check in day

Nope. I booked a hotel in DC last winter and made an error on the check in night. When we arrived we had been marked a no show and canceled, even though I paid in full. They rebooked me but could not refund that first night I had so stupidly booked. It was my fault, but they made it up to us by throwing in breakfast for the nine nights we stayed. You can’t expect a hotel or a host to make right an error,that you caused yourself.

2 Likes

Very generous of the hotel, their breakfasts are usually a rip off (but oh so yummy) so you may have won here! I do hope you left them a 5 star review and didn’t ding them for value!

I don’t think so Zandra, so many hotels and B&B have no reception for check in after determined hour at night this days. An also have different prices just in the case of no show, and of course no refund, and you will face a reservation canceled, and only get a room if fortunately the have a vacancy.

We loved this hotel so much it was hard to leave. Their front desk felt like family. It was a small boutique hotel in a nice part of DC. The price was only $79 per night, and that is so hard to beat.

2 Likes