Guest checking the mailbox at whole house rental

“My neighbour who occasionally checks the mailbox for me noticed there was no mail, not even junk mail so I figured you might be checking it and taking it inside. Thank you but please leave any mail in the mailbox and I will collect it in good time so there is no need to disturb you”.

3 Likes

It’s easy, Guests are like kids they need boundaries.
Here is a way to practice saying no… Keep everything on the Air app, no actual conversations. Do not respond the minute somebody ask for something, if your instinct says no then type those two letters. Do not say sorry, just no. When someone ask for extra guest, no the unit only sleeps x, when they ask for early check in, no the check in time is firm. You can do it. Air therapy will improve your life, when your spouse or kids… say no!

RR

2 Likes

(1) Yes it would definitely bother me, even though, like you, it is mostly junk mail at that address. We do get an occasional bill.
(2) I have it clearly stated in my House manual the following regarding our outside cameras " We check all footage generally in the evenings only (more often in the case of excessive alerts) and delete most, if not all of it." Oh Yes, I am aware they may not read it, but I can refer to it if need be. On a couple of occasions I have had to deal with rule breakage seen as a result of the cameras. I always start it with "While I was checking camera footage this evening (or last night depending on how late I check it) I noticed XXXX. Could you please correct this action, not repeat this action, etc. Except for one guest from Spain, it has never been an issue with the guests. I get quite a few families with little kids and they Love talking to me on the Ring Doorbell.

1 Like

What about “Please don’t remove the mail from the mailbox. I have my own arrangements for periodic mail pickup. Thank you.”
You don’t have to say how you know.

2 Likes