I have read through some recent threads on the topic and would to know how some of the members here would handle this situation.
I had these guests book a few weeks back for a 3 night stay and my cancellation policy is set to Strict.
I just got the Cancellation Notice from the guest, reservation is a week away.
“Hello Mary, sorry my son is injured really bad and will be on crutches for next 4 weeks. Unfortunately we will have to cancel this trip this time. If you need any documentation, please let me know to see if we can qualify for maximum refund be much appreciated. Thanks Kindly,”
Well she has been refunded over $600 via the AirBnB system and I have $418 that I am entitled to hold back.
I am new at hosting and a softy. At this point I sure don’t like to be out $1000 but under the circumstances it didn’t inconvenience me aside from time spent on communications etc and I have no way of knowing if I missed out on potential bookings.
With Karma in mind I am inclined to want to refund and withhold $100
What are your thoughts on this please?