Googling your own listing

There are definitely a lot of really bad listings on Airbnb but I rarely see them at the top of search unless they are new.

An incognito search, Northampton, MA, no dates, no # of guests, just room (not whole house)

Here’s a message from Óbi Wan.

CSR are notorious for making stuff up when you call. The next time you call you will hear something else. Don’t believe it.

1 Like

I can’t search for zero guests. It defaults to one. Here is a screen shot of the first results when I do that same search.

Interesting. I went to homes, private room. That’s it. I didn’t have to put in the number of guests. Anyway, I just did it again and that listing didn’t show up on the first page. A few hours ago it did. Maybe because several of us clicked on it. Clearly, ABB juggles listings around to be more fair (just like Google does). Your screen shot differed from my view. The first 3 listings on my search were not Superhosts. I also had a map on the right and only 3 listings across. A couple of my rooms are on your screen shot. Last row, 2nd and 4th from left. We’re “The Solar Powered Home” https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10626853?s=51

I’m searching incognito on google via the Airbnb website.

You can sign up for the Your Porter app to get a weekly email giving your listing’s ranking in the search results compared to similar listings in your area.