Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Going to do a quick one-off

My student house is available for August, going to put a new bathroom in, and try and rent it out for Pride weekend. Historically, my 2 worst reviews have been the first guests at a listing, so i’m expecting this again! Should I keep it away from the Airbnb platform, so as not to take a hit if I get 4stars?
(This doesn’t mean I’ll be trying to get away with being a bad host for this one-off)

What I’m getting at is: what platform would be ideal? I’ve looked at Booking, but is that too hotel-ly?

Hello @Barns

If you just looking to rent for this weekend it’ll take some days for your listing to get activated on booking.com . I find that booking.com guests are more likely to leave terrible reviews because they always seem to think that they paid for a 5* hotel.

I think you should use airbnb and use the description to point out any house problems etc. Just keep it simple and clean and you should get a good review. Its a busy time of the year so you should be able to earn enough even if you have it as the cheapest in the area :slight_smile:

yes, I think that is a good idea. If i don’t do IB, I can at least coach the guests into what kid of a setup it is. I’m sure it’ll be fine, just worrying about “what if I forget washing up liquid”, etcs.
Don’t want to buy 6 towels for now weekend!

well, its a pain trying to get those photos to fit in the big ‘letterbox’ frame, as your cover photo

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!