Giving it up, with some regret

Good for you! I’m also a former host. I started ABB’ing for a very specific financial goal. I met that goal with my first season and continued on for a few more years. I did have some significant issues. One included a guest who was sexually inappropriate, and another guest who caused hundreds of dollars in damages (she reimbursed me fully). Post ABB, i made a bit of a career change to increase my annual salary, and while grateful for the many positive experiences, I’m so very happy to be out of the hospitality side-gig!

3 Likes

Only sad for myself that your room isn’t available to rent. Happy that you still pop in periodically.

So good to hear that your journey has brought you to a good place.

4 Likes

I get those for my double wide and for my 16 year old farm house… lots of people get them and it has little to do with the house itself. It is realtors trying to make money. Easy as that.

1 Like

You control your prices so if you don’t lower them and don’t get bookings, you also aren’t going through any trouble of prep and dealing with guests. Set it at what you WANT and if you get it great, you make money for your trouble. If you don’t get bookings then great, too, because you have no trouble!

1 Like