Getting guests to conserve water

Turn her nasty review to your advantage - Promote the use of the amazing local hot springs in your response. That way it will stick out for future guests checking your reviews.

Also, add to your House Rules that due to the drought, no baths in the tub. Then you’re covered if they break the rule and try to complain to Air about it.

6 Likes

Though we live by a lake, water is expensive in my city. Most guests are entirely reasonable, but 100 gallons would fill a wading pool. Over the top.

I would post a sign on the bathroom door.

“Gentle Guests, we are experiencing a drought. Your cooperation is requested in conserving water. Ask us about the hot springs! Thank you”.

It would be great if you could negotiate a package, such as coming in weekdays see, special pricing for children and seniors, etc.

2 Likes

Love it love it! Thanks for the words – I think this is a great idea.

1 Like

You rock. Thanks so much.

1 Like

THANKS!! Yep, I just redid my house rules and manual. I am going to print them out as well.

1 Like

Why not just remove the plug, if you can that is.

1 Like

I think removing the plug is a dumb and mean idea. Either you’re offering a facility or you’re not. People will try to stuff the plughole with a sock etc… Far better to replace it.

1 Like

You are entitled to your opinion but I should think that a five minute “fix” that costs zero is a far better solution than getting a contractor in to replace a tub with a shower unit. Some of us hosts and I would say most, are doing this airbnb gig because of the extra money it provides. Your solution seems too expensive and time consuming especially in the midst of the tourist season. The situation above is about water conservation, something that is quite important in high-drought areas. We are not a one-size-fits-all-host! P.S thanks for the dumb and mean it shows pettiness. I like to think I’m brilliant.

1 Like

I am sure you do like to think you’re brilliant but not your best idea in this case I am afraid. As one contributor above stated they even got dinged a 30% refund by Air for removing the plug in a bath - worth a read.

1 Like

Personally, I like to think I am brilliant, when all facts speak to the contrary. But in the context of this forum, I could see how a comment like that could be misconstrued. This is about a bathtub, not a MENSA Test.

Yes I agree I don’t even know why he brought up the notion of brilliance in the first place!

Because YOU said their idea was “dumb”. :thinking:

Yes the IDEA was dumb. Nothing to do with a person being dumb or brilliant. Do people need to be labelled at all?

LOL. You’ve been on the forum long enough to know that answer.

Ideas are extensions of the person from which they initiate. Of course a person would take such a comment personally.

People have egos of different sizes.

1 Like