Getting back to a 5 star rating - Points mean prizes

Sorry, no, I would say that she “splains” it. :grin:

2 Likes

We’ve learned that the overall score is the one averaged to calculate that on number that shows up by the Host’s name.

Inexplicably, Airbnb in its description refers to that as the ‘primary’ score. So I certainly understand why some folks are confused by Airbnb’s imprecise language; they nowhere define ‘primary.’ So of course you’re right on this. I understand why @jujuba doesn’t find this intuitive; neither did I when I first ran across this.

Yet another benefit of the forum!

A coincidence me thinks.

Exactly how many stars did this 100th guest that deducted stars give you on your overall rating? Did he give 4 stars or 3 stars or what on your overall rating? Only your overall rating, not any of the other categories, but what did he give you on the overall rating?

Did the guest give a 1-star overall rating? Is that what you mean by losing 4 stars?

Never mind, I can tell by looking at your overall rating. The guest gave you 4 stars for the “overall” category. You said you had a 5.0 overall before so 108* reviews + 1 4* review = 544/109 = 4.99.

So where the disconnect seems to be, by looking at your spreadsheet, is that you believe (incorrectly) that all the stars you receive in all of the categories will affect your overall rating. They do not. The only stars that will affect your overall rating is stars you receive specifically for your overall rating. None of the stars for location, communication, etc will affect your overall rating.

There’s nothing to “wait for”

Well, I appreciate that and thanks. Just out of interest did you try putting your own stays and stars into the sheet or are you managing to maintain 5’s across the board?

I have 5 across the board except for the Value category in which I have a 4.9.

There’s no reason for anyone to put anything into the sheet because it is not a relevant calculation. I’m sorry but it is not. You have created a calculation that is entirely different than how Airbnb calculates. Which is how I have a 5.0 overall rating at the same time as having a 4.9 value rating. There’s nothing about your calculation that can come up with that.

What is the purpose of discussing different viewpoints when one view is simply wrong? Is there value in seeing a person who refuses to admit error stubbornly dig in despite clear evidence?

It doesn’t seem the post is helpful at all; only wasting the time of folks who mistakenly enter the information into the spreadsheet without reading the entire thread.

2 Likes

It’s not, you’re right. If I may, I would suggest that it be removed to avoid confusing other people. The only reason I’m still arguing with the fool is that I don’t want anyone to see his “calculation” and get confused.

2 Likes