General enquiries regarding Airbnb

Hello. I was wondering if anyone has thoughts on the onerous requirements that Airbnb have put in place to verify identity? Second query is that Airbnb have sent me a stiff email because I have declined the last three guests, and lastly, I increased my price recently but Airbnb are still sending guests at the old price. Any thoughts or comments gratefully received.
Thank you.

Most hosts seem to want a rigorous system in place. It’s annoying when you are waiting for a guest to take of that and it’s blocking your calendar though. Is that your objection?

It’s just an automatically generated message. Don’t take it too hard. That said, Airbnb doesn’t like guests to spend time looking, find and place and then get turned down. If you’ve ever used Airbnb as a guest you’ll experience it and it’s aggravating. Why didn’t these guests suit you?

You need to double check your settings. Think of Airbnb as a computer program, not a person. They aren’t out to get you, it’s just programming.

7 Likes

I agree with you . I prefer screening but I really hate that Air blocks my calendar. So far I have had 3 of these in the last month and not a single one booked. They just disappear. I have no idea if they pulled their request and booked somewhere else or didn’t pass the id requirements.

1 Like

Would you mind providing more detail about the situation?

I’ve lost a few interested guests over identification verification. Curiously, I will never know if I missed out on an otherwise lovely guest or some heinous character.

3 Likes

I’ve been running without identification verification for two years now. But I just turned it on because I’m getting requests for bookings for people who
have only have provided email and phone to Airbnb and I have to decide to approve them or not.

So it would be good to have slightly more comprehensive identification.

One time I had this crazy back and forth that included a calendar hold, it booked, then Air auto-cancelling due to the guest attempt to change the ID on file.

The reservation was made and canceled at least twice, maybe 3 times.

Ultimately they did not complete the booking because they couldn’t pay for it because the canceled bookings had their credit card tied up (first the funds and then the bank blocking due to these “duplicate” transactions I guess)

No drama for me, if you please. I was glad they fell through.

1 Like