Furniture + decoration opinions please :)

Couch looks nice, but couldn’t see from the front. How’s the condition? I suggest you change the dining table to a modern looking set. A round table with 4 chairs are just fine, just need better looking set.

@jaquo it seems that you’re due for a visit!! Thankfully I had no requests to book with “hi we’re visiting London are you far?” Lol imagine. But I do see london merchandise in souvenir shops here :thinking:

Hi @Ping the condition of the leather couches is good I’m not looking to replace them as I have a small bugdet for the changes.

I’ve decided to upholster the dining table, chairs and coffee table. I completely forgot that the dining table extends to an oval :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Considering wall art?

Banksy would be my choice: Balloon Girl or Be Someone that makes YOU happy.

Just something to think about…and perhaps make others think…

This is what I have in a small dining space. The black chairs will match your couch also.

2 Likes

Try being Australian, we get: I know someone from New Zealand, her name is…

I also met a lady and her son in Ecuador. When they asked me where I was from they told me they had never heard of Australia. On the other hand a boy of about 11 in Lalibela, Ethiopia promptly told me our capital was Canberra.

I also met people from Sweden in Colombia and they get: I have a Swiss Army knife…

1 Like

Just wanted to give an update and rant at the same time. I did upholster the dining chairs. I ordered some wall decorations and I got a new TV for my apartment so I can put the old one in the airbnb. I’ve not yet put the new things in due to some horrible guests I had on the weekend. It was very disheartening and I’m having thoughts to quit hosting. Those people went in the apartment with the only purpose to destroy things and Im glad the TV wasnt in yet. Makes it very difficult to trust with more expensive things.

That is awful! Did they actually break things or just leave a gross mess??

Just remember- the bad guests are far less often than the pleasant ones that we do this for!

I’ve had that happen too. The clock is in the living/dining area. The sofa is a sofa sleeper. I’ve never been bothered by the ticking because when I’m at the condo, I don’t sleep in that room. Apparently the clock is an annoyance for people sleeping. I found it in the pantry a few times. I plan on replacing it with something less loud soon.

I understand. Good, bad or whatever—I try to furnish nicely but not expensively because my property is primarily a rental with occasional personal use.

My good friend/neighbor’s condo has much nicer furnishings because originally it was personal use only, not rental. Times have changed. Her home is beautiful. She has been fortunate thus far with very responsible guests.

They did both. The damages weren’t that serious although they were intentional and thats what bothered me the most. The left feces on the carpets. They threw all coffee sugar and tea I had in the bin. Disgusting people.

I do try to remember this as I havent had any bad guests the past 12 months and the 2-3 bad groups I had before that just had a party and left sticky floors and no real damage.

1 Like

Uuuuugh. I hope you got photos to send to Abb… as well as receipts for new rugs etc.

1 Like