Funny Ad for a Host Forum

This is the banner-ad I have at the bottom of my page. I’m not sure that it’s the most well-played advertisement I’ve ever seen :laughing:

9 Likes

It took me a second or two to get that. Due to something or other (age? circumstances?) I was thinking English [as a] Second Language!

My brain (it can be a bit weird when left to its own devices) was thinking about English-speakers writing letters to foreigners who want to understand the language.

Sorry, I’ll go now…

2 Likes

Some people process better with visuals, some people only read the words and don’t look at the pictures. :wink:

3 Likes

The ads, I believe, are determined by your browsing/search history.

You should see the shit I get at the bottom :wink:

JF

3 Likes

Well, for whatever reason, I still don’t understand the ad.

Like you, @jaquo, I thought it had to do with people writing letters to ESL people, also.

I see that it isn’t, but I don’t get it.

1 Like

ESA standing for Emotional Support Animal, one of our favourite topics here! I assume the Letters are those issued by psychologists (or should it be “psychologists”?) which validate the owner’s permission to take their ESA to places where animals are normally not allowed (e.g. peacocks in airline cabins.)

4 Likes

The only ad I ever get at the bottom is for my own Airbnb listing - most of the time it just says “advertisement” and is a blank space.

1 Like

Oh, duh. I should have gotten that.

I’ve got an emotional support bodega. Just a bit unsure of how to get the travelling papers for 3,000 butt’s of Jerez’s finest oloroso, or fino, or… bugger, I can sense a pattern emerging here🍷

JF

3 Likes

And some don’t do either…they just instant book! :wink:

1 Like

I would think so too but I have no reason to search for ESA letters. I get a lot of other stuff that doesn’t make sense to me either. So, not sure. Maybe I looked up something for a discussion on here. Either way, it seems terribly misplaced!

1 Like

This business of ES animals is hardly known here in the UK - I suppose as part of the Johnson/Trump trade deals we’ll have to accept them in future. I’m quite happy with my Emotional Support large barrel of wine.

9 Likes

Right there with ya :wink:

11 Likes

Well, for whatever reason, this company really thinks I want an ESA. Lol. Here’s today’s ad:

So…I think the takeaway is this: Next time a guest tells you they have an ESA, it’s good to know that it only costs them $1/day and only took 5-min to receive it. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Aw, that cat in the picture is like my lovely Stan.

I’ve never claimed him to be an ESA but I’ve never found a problem travelling with him. There are so many hosts who will gladly accept guests with a cat so I’ve no need to pass him off as anything. (Not that I would, you understand). :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had a inquiry last night from a woman traveling with two cats. Her message assured me the would be shy, probably stay in the bathroom, and she has a broom with her to clean up litter. Despite all that I still replied that sure she could stay and I’d give a discount (only $20 for one night!) for 2 pets. I had friends over so I didn’t see her message for 2 hours and she has probably booked elsewhere cheaper in the interim anyway.

Thing is, even though there are some advantages with cats I find the clean up with cats to be more vexing than with dogs. For some reason bits of litter always end up in some far flung corners against the baseboard where the vac doesn’t get it, on the top of furniture where the cat walked; fine hairs float around and end up all over and cat claw pulls end up on any textiles I didn’t put away like drapes. I’ve now replaced the drapes as part of my guest proofing of the space.

3 Likes

And it doesn’t matter because now her night is booked by someone else, but they have a chocolate lab which is superior to two cats any night. :wink:

2 Likes

I just got an ad on this forum for a Nordik Trak…I think its because of the Peloton thread…

2 Likes