Frustrated. I NEED help! Please!

I’ve been in the STR industry for longer than some hosts have been alive but I can’t imagine ever hosting remotely unless I had an extremely experienced co-host more or less on the spot.

A good co-host could have stopped this situation at once.

Is it just me, maybe, but do the hosts who have the most problematic guests tend to be absentee landlords?

This is a very important point. Again, I’m thinking about hosts who aren’t on the spot - good STR insurance is even more important.

Do you think that it’s too late to contact the police after the event? I’d certainly find out the full info from the neighbors.

1 Like

You wouldn’t book it because it has red curtains? What a strange thing to say. That’s a totally personal preference, nothing to do with giving someone advice on sprucing up their listing.

For that matter, I looked at your listing, and while it’s lovely, I don’t like white and beige interiors, I don’t like blinds, I like curtains, and can’t stand TVs in the bedroom. So would you find those to be useful comments if you were asking for advice on your listing, or would you think that my personal color preferences, etc, have nothing to do with improving your listing?

2 Likes

Thank you Muddy. My thoughts exactly. I wouldn’t change my listings because of the points stated. I also have Keurig coffee machine. I have soap and shampoos in all the bathrooms. I also happen to have plush blankets. Also in all the bedrooms. Along with the kind shown in the pictures. I provide options for my guests.

I would ask a host of these items you mentioned instead of making assumptions and miss out on a great listing. And also take a little time to read the services listed because it clearly states those items.

2 Likes

My living room has red curtains. I love red. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

IMHO, guests who pass judgement on decor and yet still book their stay are hypocrites and also hurtful. Why book a place that does not have the ‘look’ (or an amenity) you want and then review it as less than 5 stars?

3 Likes