Found prior guest who checked out 8 days ago in my kitchen at 5 am today!

Why would it be offensive to find out about a local charity in the area you are visiting. Donating would be optional not mandatory and wouldn’t stop people supporting their existing causes ?

Speaking for myself, that’s exactly the idea. If someone is offended that I donate to Annunciation House I’m completely content to have them stay elsewhere.

For the time being (until we change the tax law again) I’m not going to be able to deduct my charitable donations I don’t have over $12,000 in deductions so will be taking the standard deduction and not itemizing.

We use the last 4 digits of the current guests phone number as the code. Has worked out great.

I just googled Annunciation House and donated

RR

3 Likes

How lovely @RiverRock

Not expecting you to donate but thought you would like to see the charity I support.

It’s called Bristol Nighstop and I host young people who have experienced homelessness in my home and have hosted over 50 young people so far.

1 Like

One of the things the charity I support, the Los Angeles gay and lesbian center, does is they have a homeless youth program. I have raised about $50,000 over the last 6-7 years riding my bike 545 miles from San Fransisco to Los Angeles. I will be doing it again in June, time to get fundraising! www.tofighthiv.org/goto/gary

RR

4 Likes

Update on this past issue from January. This guest from PA MOVED HERE to NH in November and bought a condo two towns over from me! He’s resumed his creepy behavior and has appeared in his neighbor’s condo (a young woman, with two young kids, who I share mutual friends), and has been caught peeping in her windows a number of times. She came to talk to me at my business as he mentioned me to her, and I urged her to press charges, which she did. His criminal trespass case with me was DEFERRED on the condition of good behaviour (they didn’t realize he had legally changed his name, and nothing came up when they ran his new, legal name). He violated a no trespass order at my partner’s restaurant (two hours after I left that night) and I had to hound our local PD, and secure statements, and he was arrested again, and his arraignment is in early January for this case. He will also have another case for his new criminal trespass charges with the young woman.

Funny thing . . . when I talked with her again today, she believes he’s been Airbnbing his condo here! I haunted Airbnb when this originally happened, urging them to suspend his account (sent them newspaper clippings of his arrest, etc). Is there an easy way to search a host so I can confirm this? I would hate for any other women to be in a position to be sharing space with this man!

I don’t think you can search hosts but search listings. Ask the woman where abouts his condo is so She/you can look.

1 Like

It sounds like you are already aware of this, but this is very dangerous behavior and you need to take it seriously. I am glad you have the police involved.

3 Likes

I went through my inbox last night, back to my last message with him this past January. It doesn’t appear he is using that profile to host, but could have made a new one? The name he uses now is the name he legally changed it to (he admitted this during his second stay with me, as he’d come here from Poland in his 20s). Not sure what kind of record he has on former name, but I did inform the police and they did search, and find his previous, legal name.

His arraignment here in is early January for violating the no trespass order, then they will bring the deferred sentence from his criminal trespass here forward. I will be going to this one, and also hope to go to the one involving this other woman.

2 Likes

Good grief, @Tishiekate. So worried for you. Glad you are being vigilant.

1 Like

The hairs on the back of my neck went up with this line…first thing I thought is he’s got hidden cameras or is hitting on the guests. Wow, you have been through the ringer, but good on you for staying on the case.

3 Likes

Here’s another creep about which virtually nothing has been done

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/warrant-virginia-airbnb-guests-found-spy-camera-in-shower/2019/12/17/3b35611c-20dd-11ea-b034-de7dc2b5199b_story.html