FIRSTS: First foreign-language review

Moderators: I suggest a New Category: FIRSTS.

Our guests were from Austria. We loved having to use Google Translate to ascertain its meaning. We were surprised ABB hadn’t translated it for us as it usually seems to when we read past host reviews while vetting.

“Das wichtigste vorab - jede 5 Sterne Bewertung ist absolut berechtigt, alle Fotos entsprechen der Realität und wer das Glück hat dort übernachten zu dürfen, wird eine unvergessliche Zeit in der Wüste haben! Wir durften zwei Nächte in der Cabin verbringen, die Kommunikation vorab wie auch während unseres Aufenthalts war super schnell und sehr nett. Die Cabin hat meiner Ansicht nach die perfekte Größe, die Ausstattung könnte nicht besser sein, es fehlt an nichts und obendrein ist alles wie neu. Die Lage ist ein Traum, die Ausblicke unvergesslich und wer die Cabin doch verlassen möchte, der finde in unmittelbarer Nähe ein wahnsinnig tolles Restaurant und einen Supermarkt. Wir hätten uns keine bessere Unterkunft für unsere Zeit in Joshua Tree vorstellen können, vielen herzlichen Dank Bob & Tam für die tolle Gastfreundlichkeit, wir kommen definitiv wieder.”

English:
“The most important thing in advance - every 5 star rating is absolutely justified, all photos correspond to reality and those who are lucky enough to stay there will have an unforgettable time in the desert! We were allowed to spend two nights in the cabin, the communication in advance as well as during our stay was super fast and very nice. The cabin is the perfect size in my opinion, the equipment could not be better, nothing is missing and on top of that everything is like new. The location is a dream, the views unforgettable and if you want to leave the cabin, you will find an incredibly great restaurant and a supermarket in the immediate vicinity. We couldn’t have imagined a better place to stay for our time at Joshua Tree, thank you very much Bob & Tam for the great hospitality, we will definitely be back.”

4 Likes

We have had reviews in Spanish and French, but just got our first one in German.

2 Likes

We’ve had notes in our guest books in Italian, French, German, Dutch, Arabic, and Chinese. Maybe more. I think all our reviews have been in English.

1 Like

what a lovely review! I really love guests who say “thank you for allowing me to stay” or “thank you for sharing your farm with us” etc. As opposed to a recent enquiry I had from a 0 reviews newbie person "Hey!! I want this property for a night. So will I get access to the pool."

I haven’t had a foreign language review yet, I’ll wait for that first!

4 Likes

I have ones in English and Spanish, as I’ve had quite a few Mexican guests. Although their English is often better than my Spanish. Sometimes they will initially message me in Spanish, and when I reply in Spanish, adding an apology for not being totally fluent, they’ll often write back in English, saying my Spanish message was fine, but that they are also fine with communicating in English.

1 Like

Most faraway guest that I have hosted came from Mongolia… at the time of her visit it was minus 37 Celsius there.