First unfair review - not sure how to respond if at all

You can also spin the spotty internet as a positive and market towards people who won’t be bummed out about it. That’s what I do and it’s worked well. I don’t know the nature of your listing, but mine is rural and a 20 minute walk to town and the beach (and basically none of my guests arrive by car). So I say it’s a good place for those who want to work on their art or write, practice yoga, take walks in the countryside, or just relax and read some of those books they’ve been meaning to get around to but never seem to have the time. You could do some variation of that.
I’ve had a few guests mention that they were glad I didn’t have constant, high-speed, unlimited internet- that they spend way too much time online at home (we all know how addictive it can be) and it was great to be forced to chill out doing other things.
Some hosts, depending on the nature of their listing, may want to attract any and all guests, but for others of us, it’s better to market towards the type of guests who will be happy with what we offer if it’s a bit outside the norm.
I wasn’t surprised by the squirrel story- they’ll chew through car wiring, as well.

1 Like

You are complaining about a 4* review? Talk to me when you get a 1* review out of revenge!

You can’t just please everybody and there will be people that would irk you when you first meet them and others whom you’ll perfectly get along from second one.

Just move on. Life is too short to bitc$ about a 4* review, which is considered good.

You my be confused but you are correct as well!!! VERY weird situation. I live in my farm house and my foreclosure house is across the street (caddy corner) so I have been able to reach the foreclosure with just enough signal to run the video doorbell and hone energy monitor (oh and the nest thermostat) using an extender in the close end of the foreclosure house. Houses on both sides of the foreclosure have spectrum (And wells but that may just be a coincidence) but the foreclosure did not.

I have now replaced my nighthawk ac2300 router w an Orbi mesh system (although o still use extenders because it can reach across the street but not into my attached garage, go figure). I don’t really like the Orbi mesh either but oh well.

Can you tell me what those are?

This will give you a bit of a primer in various options. IMO, 2.4 Ghz is perhaps a better choice (better range and cost). Yagi is one proven option.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wifi+antenna+long+range