First of the year maintenance checks

LOL. I understand. I’m also sure that the dust on the holder I referenced was more than a day old. You can tell when it’s been there long enough to get exposed to the humidity from the shower then it kind of cakes into place. No biggie, I cleaned it for them.

Lol. I share your pain @JohnF

But on balance it has been worth it so far

Happy New Year all btw

2 Likes

Unbolt the toilet seat and clean under the bolt covers.

:nauseated_face:

This actually needs to be done frequently, not just once a year.

2 Likes

Quick release toilet seats make this easier.

LOL. The more female only bookings you have the less often it needs to be done.

10 Likes

I have had poor experience with strip in tubs/showers. They hold dirt, discolor and peel eventually. Alternatively buy a couple non slip suction mats and alternate them after disinfecting them with each turnover. They don’t last forever either but they work and look better than strips.

4 Likes

Actually, with every cleaning. It is not hard where we are.

We leave a suction cup non-slip mat available in the bathroom, it’s rolled up and available for those who want it. It doesn’t get used very often but the people who do use it comment on it and are glad to have it. We have Victorian tubs so I want it to be there for anyone who’s worried about slipping. I don’t leave it in the tub because people like the tub for soaking and not everyone wants to stand on a plastic mat.

If I stayed somewhere that had one, I would remove it but I’d rather not have to (they seem a little nasty if they are sitting in the tub already), I think it’s better to just have it available but not sitting in the tub. They are also a PITA to clean if they are left in the tub to dry, we hang them outside to wash with a hose and dry in the sun when they get used.

2 Likes

In one apartment has a non-slip surface which is built into the tub. (I think that may be a feature for the elderly as to loo is higher than normal too). But I use the suction mats in the other apartment. I use clear ones and put them in the laundry with everything else. They don’t last for ever with such frequent washes but they are clean and lovely for every guest. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

KKC, do you mind if I use this idea for our ABB Community Host Leader FB group? Great idea! Slow month

If you have just a shower like us, get a teak platform or mat.

Absolutely, please do!

1 Like

If anyone is putting in a new shower stall that isn’t a prefab, they might want to consider using pool tiles for the floor, as I did in my showers. Because there are so many grout lines so close together, even though they are small, the floor isn’t at all slippery.

I got this for the shower to keep hair and gunk from accumulating. I just throw the hair collector in the washing machine with the towels, and it comes out good as new, although you can also buy replacements.