First in best dressed

Hi all,
I have a guest in at the moment in week 1 of a month booking.
I also have an enquiry from someone else for the next month.
Now the current guest has asked about extending for the second month. Neither have actually booked the second month as yet.
Should I email them both to say whoever books it gets it? Or give the current guest first option?
I’m conflicted!
Thanks,
Simon

What does your instinct tell you to do?

Do you enjoy hosting the current guest?

It might be better to keep the same guest if you like them. Tell them someone else is interested so that they have the first shot.

2 Likes

Instinctively I feel I should give the current guest the tip off that there’s someone else wanting to book. Until either books they are both just ‘potential’ bookings…

1 Like

Well the current guest is clearly happy with the accommodation!

2 Likes

Book em! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Booked to the current guests- they acted real fast when I told them…

3 Likes

Surely that is only funny if you live in Hawaii and their name is Danno? Oh, you do!

2 Likes

Can you not say to the first guest: “I have an enquiry for the next month you have asked about. I would love to be able to let you book it but as you might expect I don’t want to lose a good booking like this. If you are still interested can you please book the extra month today so that I don’t give it to the other people who are interested.”

Yep! Hahahahahaha "…

1 Like

Don’t you ever get sick of people saying “Book it Danno!”?

Also the recent fake missile alert in Hawaii was reported all around the world, including in this distant part of Oz. Did you you panic or take the time to cancel all your future Air bookings?

1 Like

Given Hawaii CD incompetence in the past (no communication system in place after the 2006 EQ for 24 hours) and tsunami (calling the all clear for the state when the 15 foot waves hadn’t even reached us yet) it was just par for the course to have a false missile alarm sent. We knew it wasn’t real from the minute we received it. :laughing::laughing:

1 Like