Fired my cleaner. don't think i was wrong!

I sticky roller before and after I launder the sheets. Usually when I find a hair after laundry it’s clearly not mine or belonging to a dog. Sometimes I find a hair on a sheet or towel and I’m not sure if it’s a hair that was laundered. But that’s why I’m using the sticky roller. The last thing I want a guest to see is someone else’s hair… on anything.

The idea that you want to give guests is that no one has been in the place before so they don’t want to see obvious evidence that other people have slept in the same bed or washed in the same shower.

I know that it’s bonkers - every time we stay in a hotel a stranger was in the bed just a few hours ago, and using the loo and splashing around in the shower. But nevertheless, guests want no evidence of it.

Hairs are particularly ‘personal’ evidence. especially if they are pubic.

I use a lint roller too and wear a hairnet or shower cap when I’m preparing the apartments - cannily covered with a bandanna or something so that I don’t look too ridiculous…

It’s been awhile since I mentioned that I almost always put a fresh, untouched (except by me) roll of TP in the bathroom for each booking for exactly that reason.

4 Likes