Fewer guests leaving reviews

I’m not sure, frankly, it’s been a while since I was bugged by AirBnB for a review. I usually do it as soon as I get home (as a guest) but there are times when Ive delayed leaving a review because I’ve been on a road trip or staying in an area with no cell service for a week or so.

1 Like

I’m sorry I obviously misunderstood, I thought you were personally frustrated with it as a guest. I had not seen those lengthy survey questions until a stay last November, so I was under the impression they were fairly new. But I hadn’t stayed at an Airbnb for a couple of years before that so I have no idea.

Yeah, I doubt that most are aware though it was a guest who informed me (I didn’t even realize that I could skip the private feedback), but she had a ton of stays like you have.

Me too. Automatic delete. On occasion, I do the feedback for Amazon for the Whole Foods curbside pickup service but only because that is the only way to request a refund for a missing or damaged item.

Most of our guests leave reviews but when one doesn’t I just assume that maybe it was for the best.

I usually leave my review right after the guest leaves theirs, I use that as my cue. Most guests leave one right away but I did let one go for almost 2 weeks recently. I don’t remember getting any reminders but I’ve also become adept at ignoring Airbnb reminders. “Steve is arriving (some date that is a full week of way)…”

1 Like

I’m assuming that it’s tailored to the listing since I have a range and an oven but with all the glitches on the platform, anything is possible.

Gee I don’t have to leave many reviews nor am I asked for them. Maybe that’s because I don’t shop that much except at thrift stores and I often pay cash and never use my phone for transactions. If you need your phone to get the QR code to order at a restaurant that is how they get your info to ask for a review, right? We do avoid restaurants that only have that option. And when review requests come in an email which is rare, I just delete it if I don’t feel like giving a review. Except Air ect.

Recently I went to a …medicine lady who had 70 yelp reviews and I was influenced by them, what a 277$ mistake that was, especially after I read her webpage more thoroughly. Now is it up to me to put a poor review online to punish her for my stupidity, or to protect others<><>

2 Likes

:joy:… Says every guest who, not understanding what the review process means to both guests and hosts, decide to get four and three star ratings based on their lack of understanding, reading, or common courtesy