Female guests caught neighbour spying them through his window!

The girls were getting changed in a room with a window that did not have the curtains closed. They could see the building across the lane through the uncovered window? They were surprised that someone could see them?
The person who saw them made a noise that indicated they were seen?
Install some sheer curtains for next guests !
Ask the girls why they were changing in front of an uncovered window?
Next time they should pay attention to their surroundings!

7 Likes

I donā€™t have an ā€˜argumentā€™. Iā€™m not twisting words: what you said is there for all to see. I commented on your assertion that ā€œthis guy was whistling to get their attentionā€ (which you stated as if it was a fact) and I said it was ridiculous to do so. I stand by that.

Apologies to the OP for derailing the thread with this petty squabble.
It sounds like you did the only sensible thing - send a professional apology and urge them to make sure the blinds are drawn when they are changing. As others have said, itā€™s pretty obvious that you do that in an urban setting anyway so your guests were a bit clueless. How well do you know your neighbour? I would go and have a quiet word with him, if it were me.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, did I miss something in the story? What kind of crime did the guy commit, besides being an idiot? He could see them from his window, itā€™s not like he came to hostā€™s property and peeked through their window. Neither was he taking photos/videos, no? So although the guy did behave like a jerk, there is absolutely nothing legally enforceable against him in this situation. I mean, we could pretend that we live in a world in which there are no tacky, sleezy people whistling or ogling women. But we donā€™t. In the light of these facts, I donā€™t think it is victim blaming to say that girls should be using their common sense and pull on the curtains next time. I can understand it is unpleasant, but this kind of behaviour isnā€™t and shouldnā€™t be punishable by law. In the best case they should shame him by shouting at him and in general displaying that this behaviour is not acceptable. Thatā€™s something we can all do as society.

12 Likes

Of course he whistled to get their attention! Whether he was catcalling the girls and whistling like a construction worker or not he, was trying to get their attention. I never meant he was politely trying to call attention to them. I always meant the cat call. My point was he was NOT trying to hide the fact that he could see them changing clothes.

3 Likes

OK, that makes sense now youā€™ve put it like that and I get what you mean. See. this is what I meant about it being a highly charged subject. Peace?

Well I surely never meant it was whistle for a referee to call someone out of bounds. Maybe it got distorted that way when I mentioned ā€œwarning.ā€ I still meant a catcall can be a warning is allā€¦

Not where Iā€™m from! A catcall is derisive/arrogantly appreciative and nothing else. But Iā€™m suddenly recalling (possibly erroneously) that you are ex-military?
So that would give you a different take on what whistling means, right?
Or maybe Iā€™ve watched too many TV shows! Honestly, the only decent thing for the neighbour to do would be to just stop looking and give the host a heads up that things were visible from that room.

1 Like

Readā€¦just read my friend and slow down. No one said catcalling is a respectable thing. I said catcalling was a warningā€¦possibly in this situation.

To be honest, if the neighbor guy came later on then maybe he would have looked like a true perv by bringing attention to it after the fact. Think about itā€¦he let himself be known and his presence right then and there! He wasnā€™t being sneaky about it!

Ok, I think weā€™ll just have to agree to disagree about this. There is no reasonable explanation for me that a man would think it appropriate to whistle when he sees women changing clothes through a window. Fine, heā€™s not a child-molester (rolleyes) but heā€™s most definitely an ignorant prick.

People who think that a man using his eyes to look out of his own window is committing a crime are just totally hilarious :rofl::laughing::rofl:. And calling someone a victim because theyā€™re being whistled at is also very hilarious. I understand that it isnā€™t pleasant and not really respectful from the whistler, but a victim :thinking:? Oh please come on, lets talk about the real problems in this world.

@travellinbug You handled it professionally. I donā€™t see anything else you could have done, and I donā€™t see any need to do anything else.

17 Likes

The argument was that the ignorant prick (or his guest) should not have the cops called on him for the ignorant women undressing in front of open windows. No one said catcalling was appropriate. Not sure who you are arguing with?

4 Likes

Wow, you have chutzpah telling women what they should think about men catcalling them.

4 Likes

In fact thinking it through a bit better, the only ones who probably came close to committing a crime were the girls: Itā€™s called exhibitionismā€¦ Maybe the neighbor should have called the cops :rofl::laughing::rofl:.
And I consider it a sexist reflex :smiling_imp::japanese_ogre::smiling_imp: to automatically say the man is at fault in this case :rofl::laughing::rofl:.

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

5 Likes

Wow, you have chutzpah telling me what I should think about men catcalling women. How sexist of you ! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Can we all just get along? :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

OK, you ā€œwinā€. Happy now?
F*** me, youā€™re a piece of work.

I did try. Maybe itā€™s time to introduce an ā€œignoreā€ feature?

Not till you bow down and say ā€œCabinhost is the best, she is the greatest, I always respect her opinion.ā€ But you could never do that without throwing some smart ass comment inā€¦or could you? I dare you? :joy:

I can guarantee that will never happen! You think Iā€™m just a smart ass but Iā€™m not. Sometimes I may agree with you, sometimes not.
And how very dare you to aspire to:

:slight_smile:

edit: damn, I just spent the last half hour watching snippets from this great show. Top Cat, my first and true love :smile:

I think Top Cat was a different cat in the US??? MY sis and I loved us some Top Cat. :star_struck: