Feedback on Writing Negative Guest Review

Yeah…in a shared home, as a guest I would expect other people to enter unannounced. But in the OP’s case she couldn’t just stop by to check on people since it was a whole space they rented. You especially never enter the home even if you think everyone is gone.

please add me to the list!! i’d love to share/compare

I also dont think its nesesary to meet personally with guests in the house i live in also. With separate house its a different issue. THey know they will be there by themselves so i have to be sure i meet with them personally. Though yesterday guests i could not meet, they were great communicators a family of all adults. I gave them instructions and asked to let me know if there are any questions. ITs only for 2 nights, and i have a good feeling about this family.

In my house 75% of the time they check in themselves. WHy to meet them? There is a code on a door, they all adults who can read. Its very simple to find a room. All info is on a night stand plus i text them also

If the guest doesn’t review, the host’s warnings will never be seen anyway, correct?

@Donna_Hill not sure what you mean by hosts warning?

I agree, it is too opaque.

@Donna_Hill after 14 days your review of the guest will be visible whether they review you or not.

1 Like

I just meant when you want to warn other hosts not to accept a guest.

Actually I’d rather have a guest that was a bit messy than one that was rude and demanding. I would have definitely mentioned the sticky floors, but I don’t think using 11 bath towels/11 hand towels is really unusual for 3 girls over 3 nights, especially since they were available. If I have say, 6 guests coming for a 2 night stay, I usually leave out 10 sets of towels…as in 10 bath, 10 hand, 10 washcloths. (I have a w/d in the house for guests) I’ve actually been surprised when some groups will use only just a few towels. Apparently not showering all weekend? I have no idea.

1 Like

Pedant mode: 4 nights, not 3 nights.