Far too often guests do not

As long as you are willing to suffer the poor review you will inevitably get from the business traveler who has mistaken your home for a hotel. I and others have experienced the guest who chooses self check in because they really don’t want to meet you. Or the guy I suspect chooses it so he can show up two hours early. And if they expect self check in and don’t get it it will be your fault. ( in their eyes, not mine of course)

Hi there . This is indeed a common issue. We ask for arrival time and whether they have a car. Usually get an answer maybe within a few hours of arrival, if we are lucky.

However, they Airbnb more like a hybrid hotel network. Many of our guests do respond eventually. If you cannot have your guests self check in , you will need to either accept the situation or give them a deadline for advising you (not a great hospitality tool).

We are in the hospitality business and acceptance is really crucial. We have had overall amazing guests, but I understand I am in the PR and acceptance business now as much as hotel biz.

Just my view.

Interesting…Iwhen i have that bad feeling about an inquiry, I mention that my neighborhood is mostly retirees, the neighborhood has quiet hours 10pm-7am and the neighbors will call the police if there is a party. Also that the unit has. Maximum number of guests of 6 and the neighbors will reportedl if more stay.

The reference is always positive like: You will enjoy this quiet neiborhood. It is mostly retirees who keep an eye on the neighborhood and report quiet hours disturbances like parties to the police. They also watch to make sure that a large group doesn’t stay in a 2 bedroom unit. Several of the inquiries causing my concern fail to book.

Thats a beautful way of putting it. May I use it?

1 Like

Haha won’t work for me! Young adult group house renters in my neighborhood are far more likely to invite you over to play beer pong than to whinge about any noise you are making.

1 Like